MODEC recruits 01 Legal and Compliance Analyst
MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. We have an exciting opportunity for Legal and Compliance Analyst.
To develop activities such as:
- Responsible for giving legal and compliance assistance to the legal and Compliance manager to support all departments of the company especially Commercial dpt, HR and Supply chain;
- Assist the legal department in the preparation and follow-up of all social documentation (general meeting, minutes, notice of meeting, internal procedures, etc.), organize meetings and prepare all prior legal acts;
- Provide the Draft of notes on any legal subject in order to support other departments in their decision-making in accordance with the laws, in particular in the oil and gas sectors;
- Ensure the legal monitoring and drafting of a summary describing the changes to the legal framework and their consequences on the company;
- Assist the legal manager in setting up internal procedures for managing legal issues;
- Examination of files and ensure communication with external legal assistance services ( law firms, notary, experts , administrative services and for the proper management and follow-up of the cases entrusted to them);
- Manage proceedings before Senegalese administrative authorities and litigation proceedings before Senegalese courts;
- Anticipate legal risks that could compromise the company’s activities and proactively propose legal solutions to minimize the risk;
- Ensure that all departments comply with all legal requirements applicable to their daily activities;
- Facilitate other departments to understand the rules of law applicable to them
- Participate in the implementation of compliance procedures with local content
- Prepare training materials to be provided by the Legal and Compliance department.
- Assist the Legal and Compliance Manager on all Ethics & Compliance issues covering anti-corruption and good conduct rules within the company;
- Participate in the creation and updating of procedures and information in matters of equity and compliance;
- Identify and regularly update the risk mapping;
- Prepare the training material;
- Participate in the supplier verification process set up by the company;
- Participate in the compliance investigation procedures.
- Master II in Business Law any professional training in the oil and gas sector would be a bonus;
- Minimum 3 years in an oil company or law firms.