Modec recruits 01 Commercial And Contract Analyst
We are looking for a Commercial And Contract Analyst to work in our office based in Dakar – Senegal
Overall Job Purpose
- Support on contract activities as assistance in the contractual management within MODEC SENEGAL: Client contract and portfolio of contracts with suppliers with suppliers ranging from simple contracts to large and complex contracts.
- Management of the entire contract cycle including drafting, review, signing, execution and termination of the contract and its effects.
- Management of each phase of the contractualization with the stakeholders of the structure and/or the Group.
- interaction with co-contractors: meetings, letters, emails with strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
- Sensitive to the profitability of contract projects and their economic, operational, and legal optimization.
Contract With The Client:
- Be familiar with the contract signed with the client and have a very good understanding of the procedures, deliverables and any actions required from MOSEN and follow up with the relevant departments to ensure the complete and timely execution by the company of its contractual commitments with the client
- Know and manage with the others team member support specifically all documentation with the client and applicable payment procedures and terms,
- Working in close collaboration with the offshore production team to meet the contractual requirement daily; monthly, yearly to be provided.
Contract With The Client:
- Propose solutions of contractual arrangements considering the best practices in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Prepare the associated documents (NDA, LOI; MOU; Final Contract; Amendments…).
- Assist the concerned area team in identifying the risks inherent to the contract and propose mechanisms to better limit their impact during the execution phase
- Work with the supply chain team in the development and contractual analysis of specifications.
- Control the coherence of the whole contractual document and ensure its economic and operational balance,
- Prepare the contractual annexes if applicable and ensure a correct follow-up of the contract execution and its evolution.
- Ensure with the assistance of the legal team the respect of the procurement procedures as set by the local content legislation, the contract with the Client and any other legislation applicable to the said contract.
- Participate in the management of the company’s activities in their contractual aspect (both in the relationship with the client, partners, and in the relationship with subcontractors) and in the interpretation needs of the clauses of the contract.
- Ensure the contractualization of commitments (contract, amendments bid processes, contracts with service providers, archiving and monitoring the life of contracts).
- Manage and monitor contractual administration with the Client and subcontractors (milestones, deliverables, receipts, payments, etc) and handle contractual deviations (notifications, correspondence, analyses, variations).
- Alert Supply chain department in case of risks of non-conformity of the services to the contractual requirements, of drifts in profitability (non-contractual extra costs linked to various events: additional customer requests, subcontractor’s risks, planning risks, external risks impacts, etc.).
- Take charge of events impacting the project from a contractual point of view: non-compliance with contractual obligations; commercial complaint; new regulatory requirements, etc.
- Prepare the documentary elements to support a claim, a pre-litigation or even a litigation.
- Participate, if necessary, in internal or external meetings requiring it, either in preparation for negotiations or for the establishment of amendments to the current contract.
- Implement the closure/renewal process of contracts
- Ensure archiving of contract documents.
As per indication on the Organizational Chart, available in the Integrated Management System (IMS).
Qualifications & Experiences
- Training at Bac +5 level
- Master’s degree in the fields of law, contract management, commerce, procurement economics, finance, etc.
At least 5 years of work experience and a minimum of three (03) years within contract management are required.
- Strategic vision – Clarity of the vision and the goals of the company when analyzing contexts and scenarios in a broad and complete manner, considering the impacts for MODEC in short, mid and long terms. It involves ensuring that responsibilities are linked to the previously defined strategies.
- Leadership – Ability to conduct, motivate and develop people to achieve goals established by the organization.
- Team building – Implementation of a collaborative work culture, where the focus on integration optimizes group performance. It involves work in an integrated manner, allowing employees to consolidate the action planning, to visualize data and to align information. It includes sharing agendas, ideas, information and knowledge to obtain the best results possible and to achieve established goals.
- Decision making – Readiness for solving a problem or managing a situation, presenting the necessary level of flexibility when the situation dictates. It involves evaluating all variables in the decision-making process in order to choose the most efficient action. It includes considering uncertainties, adversities and ambiguities when analyzing consequences and impacts of the business, results, people and environment decisions.
- Safety oriented – Activity execution, focusing on non-conformity prevention and accidents. It involves compliance to norms, laws, regulations, procedures, technical specifications and equipment.
- Innovation – To challenge the status to allow the development of necessary transformations that will put the company in higher levels of competitiveness. To direct actions for the implementation of feasible and creative solutions.
- Sense of ownership – Attitude of implementing a mindset of feeling and acting as a “business owner” when seeing the success of the company as something that is interesting for everybody. It involves having the responsibility, trying to achieve the greater good for the organization.
- Focus on customer – Operation focused on ensuring that people and areas act in order to satisfy the customers’ needs (internal and external).
- Results oriented – High degree of commitment with his/her job, as well as delivering defined outcomes, removing possible obstacles with persistence and energy. It involves administering priorities, meeting dealing and being careful about the quality of deliveries.
- Communication – Way a professional interacts with others, aiming to share knowledge and to align the necessary information for the viability of the corporate business. It involves making trades, both inside and outside the team, creating synergy amongst people involved.
- Planning and organization – Elaboration of plans that allow for meeting related areas’ needs with quality and within the deadline.
Fluent French, English and needed local languages.
Deadline for Applications: April 29th, 2022.Postuler