Mission des Nations Unies au Soudan du Sud recruits 01 Civil Affairs Expert (National)
Mission des Nations Unies au Soudan du Sud
Juba, South Sudan
Vacance de poste
Intitulé publication : Civil Affairs Expert (National)
Département / Bureau : Mission des Nations Unies au Soudan du Sud
Lieu d’affectation : JUBA
Période de candidature : 14 novembre 2021
No de l’appel á candidature : 21-United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan – created by GA Resolution 1996 (2011)-167497-Consultant
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l’ONU : intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Result of Service
– Workplan, methodologies and list of stakeholders
– Draft situation report identifying COVID-19 response innovations and program, applying a gender-responsive approach to provide support to the peace process and manage communal conflicts in South Sudan
– Report of the implementation of the UNMISS mandate in the midst of COVID-19 documenting best practices and lessons learned, recommendations on future interventions and programming for CAD for program sustainability and replication (including an operational plan to implement the strategy)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of CAD Director, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
– Assess the progress of Programmatic Activities in light of the COVID-19 challenge, identifying best practices and lessons learned
– Monitor COVID-19 situation and identify the extent to which Field Offices have adjusted to cope with the situation.
– Monitor and document the implementation of the innovations and program and provide recommendations on future interventions and programming for CAD to ensure program sustainability and replication.
– Draft an operational plan to implement the strategy
Master’s degree in social sciences or peacebuilding / conflict management; or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area.
• Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in reconciliation or in areas of peacebuilding or conflict management.
• Knowledge in programming or strategy development including good understanding of DPKO programming modalities.
• Extensive field experience, especially in conflict and/or post-conflict settings; prior experience in the sub-Saharan African region, including South Sudan is desirable
• Demonstrate ability to engage with sensitivity, strategic foresight, and political acumen in situations involving multiple actors and stakeholders in particular from antagonistic ethnic communities and political fractions.
Fluency in both spoken and written English is required.
This position opens for South Sudanese Nationals only.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.