Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria announces Call for Proposals for Serbian Organizations
Deadline: 28 June 2019
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Belgrade has announced a procedure for accepting and selecting proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant within the framework of the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial deadline for launching in 2020.
Priority Areas and Directions for Implementing Projects on the Territory of the Republic of Serbia are:
- Enhancement of the administrative capacity in order to strengthen the rule of law and democratic governance.
- Protection of human rights, with a focus on children’s rights and minority rights, protection of cultural diversity and ethnic tolerance.
- Connectivity – small and medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurship, job creation for young people, cultural exchange.
- Protection of the environment.
Objectives and Scope of the Projects
- Providing support for democratic reform processes, protecting human rights and minority rights, strengthening the rule of law, civil society, the market economy, etc., including in the context of supporting European integration.
- Promoting connectivity in all areas, including working with young people, strengthening good neighborly relations, regional stability and mutual cooperation, security and migration cooperation.
- Stimulate and support the building of Serbia’s administrative capacity to achieve democratic reform processes and respect for human rights and minority rights, especially with regard to institutions that currently lack sufficient experience and staff capacity for the respective functions and activities.
- A minimum amount of the project is 5 000 BGN (about 2 500 EUR).
- The recommended maximum amount of the project is:
- For projects with the main purpose to deliver goods and /or services – up to 70 000 BGN (about 35 000 EUR).
- For projects with the main purpose to carry out repairs and /or construction activities – up to 270 000 BGN (about 135 000 EUR).
Implementation Deadlines and Duration of the Projects
- Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2020 and no later than November 30, 2020.
- Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2022 (the third year of the Bulgarian three-year budget forecast).
- Non-governmental organizations.
- Local self-government organizations.
- Educational institutions.
- Primary and secondary budget spenders – legal entities of the Republic of Serbia.
- International and local non-governmental organizations.
- Municipalities and their associations.
- Educational, health and social institutions.
- Other organizations and associations that have no political goals and involvement.
No natural or legal person can apply for whom there are circumstances under Art. 23, para. 3-8 of Decree No. 234 of the Council of Ministers of 01.08.2011 on the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria on participation in international development cooperation.
- Strengthening the rule of law and democratic governance.
- Protection of human rights, protection of cultural diversity and ethnic tolerance.
- Supporting small and medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurship, creating jobs for young people, cultural exchanges.
- Supporting efforts to protect the environment.
- Affirmation of the reputation and international authority of Bulgaria.
How to Apply
An Application Form is available on the given website in Bulgarian and English.
For more information, please visit https://www.mfa.bg/en/embassies/serbiagc/news/21083