Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria announces Call for Proposals for Projects in Montenegro
Deadline: 28 June 2019
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Podgorica announces a procedure for accepting and selecting proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant within the framework of the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial deadline for launching in 2020.
Priority Areas and Directions for Implementing Projects on the Territory of the Republic of Montenegro are:
- Environmental protection and sustainable management of natural resources.
- Improving the quality of education and healthcare, protecting and caring for the rights of children with disabilities and disadvantaged children.
- Improving the administrative capacity for reforms in the public and local administration.
Objectives and Scope of the Projects
- Supporting and implementing activities related to the protection of environment and sustainable management of natural resources such as conservation of biodiversity, air and nature, water and waste management, innovative clean technologies; including activities related to fulfilment the criteria on Chapter 27 – Environment and Climate Change.
- Supporting and implementing activities related to improving the quality of education, supporting innovative teaching methods and educational approaches, modernization of schools and daily care centers for children and youth, centers for children with disabilities and disadvantaged children.
- Supporting and implementing activities related to improving the quality of healthcare, modernization of hospitals.
- Protecting and caring for the rights of children with disabilities and disadvantaged children.
- Providing support for improving the Montenegro’s administrative capacity to achieve democratic reform processes, especially with regard to state institutions and municipalities that currently lack sufficient experience and staff capacity for the respective functions and activities.
- Minimum project value- 5 000 BGN (about 2 500 EUR).
- Recommended maximum project value:
- For projects with main purpose to deliver goods and /or services – up to 70 000 BGN (about 35 000 EUR);
- For projects with main purpose to carry out repairs and /or construction activities – up to 270 000 BGN (about 135 000 EUR).
Implementation Deadlines and Duration of the Projects
- The project proposals must contain an indicative initial term for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2020 and no later than November 30, 2020.
- The Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2022 (the third year of the Bulgarian three-years budget forecast).
- State institutions.
- Non-governmental organizations.
- Educational institutions.
- Primary and secondary budget spenders.
- Local non-governmental organizations.
- Municipalities and their associations.
- Educational, health and social institutions.
- Other organizations and associations that have no political goals and involvement and no economic activity.
No natural or legal person can apply if there are circumstances under Art. 23, para. 3-8 fromDecree No. 234 of the Council of Ministers from 01.08.2011 regarding the policy of the Republic of Bulgaria on participation in the international development cooperation.
- Improving socio-economic development and good governance leading to sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
- Improving the welfare and health of people.
- Providing quality education.
- Protection of human rights.
- Improving administrative capacity.
- Affirmation of the good name and international prestige of Bulgaria.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.mfa.bg/en/embassies/montenegro/news/21128