Microsave recruits 01 Technical Lead
Are you passionate about making a significant social impact in one of the most important, growing regions of Africa? Do you have the drive to put your strategic, entrepreneurial, business development, and project management skills to deliver extraordinary results? Lead and grow teams to their full potential!
If the answer to these is yes, then wait no more! Apply now for this rewarding and exciting leadership opportunity at MSC—a great place to work!
Interested! Discover More!
The applicant should be a practiced leader of teams, possess sharp business acumen and strong business analysis skills. Must have superlative skills in business development, project management, team management, report writing and documentation, and interpersonal management. The applicant should also be excellent in planning, organizational, and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail, and working under pressure to meet deadlines.
The Technical Lead, Francophone Africa will have the overall responsibility for maintaining practices and systems for providing service to clients in order to realize MSC’s purpose and enhance its reputation, while ensuring that the Domain continuously improves its services and systems and adapts to meet the needs of both MSC and its clients by drawing from international best practice.
This role is responsible for providing leadership and line-management support to our Practice Group Leaders.
- Conceptualize projects and scope funding for the same from international development agencies, multilaterals, governments and direct sales,
- Lead concept and proposal writing for projects on diverse opportunities to enhance financial, social, and economic inclusion,
- Relationship management with key stakeholders, including funding partners, clients, policymakers, and government agencies,
- Author or co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences,
- Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogues.
- Lead and support technical design and delivery of projects
- Develop, lead, and deliver technical projects on financial inclusion, agricultural finance, digital financial services, FinTech and emerging technology, banking and financial services, regulation and policy, and emerging issues such as gender and youth with prior experience in Francophone Africa,
- Manage training and capacity building of clients from various sectors.
- Participate in project set-up and de-briefing meetings,
- Lead and deliver on projects and assignments,
- Execute projects with the utmost diligence, attention to detail, and focus on quality,
- Make presentations of outputs of consulting projects to senior management of clients, policymakers, and government ministries,
- Review reports, business models, presentations and marketing materials such as blogs developed by practice group team members,
- Lead report writing and data analysis,
- Develop linkages with key staff of the client to gather project-related information,
- Review training courses delivered, the curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
- Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits, the HUB, and other publications.
- Conduct feedback assessments with team members right after an assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
- Build internal capacities and support the development of staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
- Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge to add value to the organization
- Discuss with PGLs, set targets for the PG and domain at the beginning of the year, and ensure that the targets and objectives are appropriately assigned and defined to the team members and respective PGLs.,
- Conduct formal performance management appraisals with direct reports in line with HR Policies,
- Maintain oversight of PGLs to ensure performance management appraisals are completed in line with HR policies for all staff within the Domain,
- Provide effective feedback, positive and developmental to all direct reports within the Domain,
- Handle and resolve people management issues including conflict management and initiate disciplinary action as may be needed in consultation with Associate Director, Human Capital.
- Communicate the vision and strategic objectives of the organization and Domain to Domain members,
- Ensure that high quality communication flows both up and down within the Domain, including for those who are remotely located,
- Conduct client feedback calls in line with quality control guidelines and provide relevant feedback to PGLs and ALs,
- Communicate, exemplify and ensure maintenance of the organizational culture, values, professional principles and reputation of MSC.
- Identify training needs of all staff including the next level of leadership at least annually and report to
- Associate Director, Human Capital,
- Hold development conversations and mentor direct reports and high potential staff in the Domain.
Desired Qualification & Experience
- A Master’s degree, or higher or other relevant professional qualifications,
- Should have experience in emerging markets and understanding of digital financial inclusion, agricultural finance, FinTech and emerging technology, banking and financial services, policy and regulation, and emerging issues such as gender and youth,
- Demonstrated experience driving large projects while understanding the multicultural implications of global business and processes,
- Previous experience in consulting or research will be a significant advantage,
- Should have a track record delivering superior results, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles,
- Proven success in winning business proposals and concept notes in Francophone Africa.
Skills and competencies
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence stakeholders and partners,
- Demonstrable passion for inclusive finance,
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically,
- Strong facilitation and consensus-building skills,
- Demonstrated executive communication and presentation skills,
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative and qualitative research skills,
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interfering,
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential,
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings,
- Transparent, direct, with substance,
- Self-starter and self-disciplined,
- Exemplifies spark, imagination, and creativity,
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks and time limitations,
- Strong preference for consulting experience with a firm,
- French mother tongue or C2 level, English C1 level (read, written and oral),
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Closing date : 24 May 2022.Postuler