Mercy Foundation Call for EOIs: 2018 Grants to End Homelessness Program in Australia
Deadline: 9 August 2018
The Mercy Foundation is currently inviting applicants for its 2018 Grants to End Homelessness program.
The Mercy Foundation acknowledges that the majority of people experiencing homelessness in Australia do not have high or complex needs. They simply need access to affordable housing and few, if any, supports may be required.
These will generally be larger grants (up to $50,000 for any one year) with grants likely to be averaging $20,000 – $30,000.
- Grants to End Homelesness are only available for projects in Australia.
- Grants are available for seeding initiatives, services, projects, advocacy and research that will contribute to the goal of ending homelessness by supporting housing first and permanent supportive housing solutions.
- Priority is given to applications that focus on ending chronic homelessness particularly for women.
- The Mercy Foundation prioritises projects that require seed funding and have potential to help build capacity and to create structural and systemic change and have capacity to continue after the funding period.
- The Mercy Foundation supports housing first and permanent housing solutions combined with appropriate support to help end homelessness and sustain housing.
- Projects that initiate and collaborate through strategic partnerships among funders, policymakers, business leaders, government, housing and service providers are well regarded.
- Outcomes need to demonstrate that the project has contributed to ending chronic homelessness or contributed substantially to increasing knowledge about pathways into and out of ending homelessness (thereby increasing our understanding of how to intervene early and end homelessness).
- Applications need to outline their evaluation strategy and make it clear how outcomes will be measured.
- Applicants must be a legal entity (incorporated association or company) or be auspiced by an appropriate organisation. Preference will be given to small and medium size charities
- The Mercy Foundation must be satisfied that the applicant organisation has the competency and capacity to implement the project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the expressions of interest form through the given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit Grants to End Homelessness.