Mentor-Driven Capital Program Africa 2023
Are you an established business professional, entrepreneur, or investor with some time on your hands? Do you want to play a bigger role in the exciting startup ecosystem? Do you want to make a tangible difference in the lives of entrepreneurs and their journeys? Then, apply to become a mentor in the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Program Women-Edition this year.
Mentor-Driven Capital Program aims to boost the ability of business women as a high-powered mentor through the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital framework. You and selected fellow business leaders will receive expert guidance, training, and hands-on expert sessions around mentoring, and join interactive discussions on topics like mentoring founders for fundraising, corporate partnership building, and angel investing all through the comprehensive framework facilitated by fellow women experts.
This year, the Mentor-Driven Capital program is fully women led and focused on bossing women mentors and investors. One potential reason is the limited representation of women in key roles in investment funds, angel networks, entrepreneur support organizations (ESOs) and mentor networks.
Attend expert-led sessions on essential mentorship and startup-related topics.
- A mentorship guide and online training materials.
- Access peer-to-peer learning through expert discussions, group sessions, and networking opportunities.
- Get matched with Africa-based founders with mentorship needs through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
- Access partner organizations’ demo days and invite-only events like the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit.
- You will also get complimentary access to major startups’ and partners’ events.
What they expect from you?
The program is open to a maximum of 30 (aspiring) women business mentors from African countries or those with strong ties with – and interest in the continent. The only thing you need to invest during the approx. 2-month program is 4-5 hours per month of your valuable time and knowledge!
- You are based in Africa or closely affiliated with the continent.
- You are a senior business professional, entrepreneur, and/or investor with 10+ years of experience.
- You are interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies.
- You can attend the 5 virtual online bootcamp sessions and expert sessions between March and April 2023 (each session is approx. 1-1.5 hours, totals about 3-4 hours/month).
- You are interested in offering mentorship post the program to African startups through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
For more information, visit VC4A.