|Medic recruits 01 App Developer Manager|
|Description de l’offre|
App Developer Manager
We’re seeking an experienced, technical, and people-focused individual to lead our development of digital health tools for communities in West Africa. The role is remote and bilingual French/English.
The team is currently focused on:
• Providing accessible care to populations in Bamako District in Mali in partnership with Mali’s Department of Health and Social Development (MSDS) and Muso Health.
• Niger’s national-scale monitoring and alert platform in partnership with The MSF Foundation (Médecins Sans Frontières) and Epicentre.
• Monitoring and alerting infrastructure for high-risk populations in Democratic Republic of Congo.
• Several additional small-scale projects and pilots.
All mobile apps are built using the Community Health Toolkit, a collection of open-source technologies and open-access resources.
This is a unique opportunity to strengthen health systems in some of the hardest to reach communities. We are looking for an experienced manager of software developers.
• Building a world-class software development team and culture.
• Manage a team of software developers to produce high-quality digital tools that make a difference.
• Guide the growth of the team through technical mentorship, performance management, and development opportunities.
• Set technical direction and directly contribute to solve the team’s hardest technical challenges.
• Support the growth of our open-source community by contributing learnings, expertise, and code.
• A history of building highly effective teams of software developers. 5+ years of experience managing a group of software developers. Experience managing a remote team is an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Proficiency in both English and French communication both written and spoken.
• Proficient in relational databases (Postgres)
• A capable and experienced mentor of junior to intermediate developers.
• Can manage and prioritise a distributed team of developers to deliver on multiple concurrent projects.
• Experience delivering and monitoring software services.
• Familiarity with the Community Health Toolkit is an asset.
• Be a part of Medic’s 20M caring acts.
• Contribute to an innovative and culturally diverse team
• Abundant travel opportunities
• Flexible working culture
• Monthly communication allowance
• Enjoy travelling to an annual full team meetup to meet your teammates from around the world, face to face
Medic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2010 to advance health and human flourishing with and for the hardest-to-reach communities.
We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is a secured human right.
Practically, we have advanced our mission by building, implementing, and supporting open-source digital tools that support Community Health Workers, managers, and facility-based health workers.
Along with our partners, we build and apply software that helps health workers deliver high-quality, equitable care in redesigned health systems.
Our team and partners support more than 28,000 frontline health workers caring for an estimated 15 million people in 18 countries across Africa and Asia.
Each member of our team was drawn to this mission and emboldened by a vision of global health equity.
Our diversity of skills and experiences helps us tackle complex challenges – we look forward to hearing from you and exploring ways to work together.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online to this job :