Médecins du Monde recrute 01 Logistician (M/F) – Nigeria
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM is currently implementing an emergency response program in Borno state since 2016. The program is implemented around the main following components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender-based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support. MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa.
MdM is directly running 3 clinics in Maiduguri (Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila et El Meskin).
A field team has been in place since June 2017 in Damboa local government area (LGA) and is running two fixed clinics in two IDP camps but also for host population. MdM medical team is supporting 2 health posts (Ministry of Health) in Azir and Gumzuri villages.
MdM has also developed internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly displacements of population as well as cholera outbreak).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the field coordinator, you are in charge of supporting the logistics team for the implementation of the base, following up the logistics activities to facilitate the operational part of the project with the resources, procedures and tools defined with the logistics coordinator. You supervise the deputy base logistician.
Supply for the implementation of the base and the program
- Ensure the follow-up of the supply for the base and the project
- Establish and update purchasing timelines following the logistical constraints
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed
- Ensure that purchasing documents are completed and archived in accordance with MdM procedures
- Regularize all purchases files
- Update price lists, supplier files and purchase follow-up tools
Vehicle fleet management
- Negotiate vehicle rental contracts in line with existing framework
- Supervise the team of drivers, including scheduling, in line with MdM HR policies, safety rules and procedures
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
Equipment and asset management
- Ensure tagging of assets is done
- Ensure proper repairs and maintenance of equipments and assets
- Organize for disposal of obsolete equipments and assets using the recommended procedure
- Proper record keeping of all organizational equipments and assets
- Follow up on incident reports for damaged or lost equipment and assets
Warehouse and stock management
- Ensure warehouse security and personnel safety is observed
- Check, on a daily basis, that all warehouse records are up to date and accurate
- Ensure the management of contingency and buffer stocks
Compound and facility management (office, guesthouse and health facilities)
- Ensure safety of our staff within the compounds
- Ensure firefighting equipments are placed on strategic positions
- Ensure clear accessibility to all areas of concern within the compounds
- Ensure that the compound has lights, water and other necessities all through
IT & communication
- Ensure there is stable and reliable internet
- Support and ensure the rollout and use of VHF communication system
- Support in the training of staff on VHF use and communication
Base maintenance (guesthouse, office, pharmacy)
- Supervise the team of guards, including scheduling
- Ensure the regular order for the guesthouse
- Ensure the maintenance of the base
- Upgrade and develop facilities for the living area of the expatriates
Construction activities management
- Monitor the construction activities
- Review tenders, BoQs, designs and drawing for construction
- Follow up to ensure the plan and BoQ are strictly respected
- Support the logistics coordinator in all aspects of security measures for the mission
- Ensure implementation of the security protocols by the drivers and guards, as well as through procurement procedures
- Recruit and monitor the performance of the logistics team through regular appraisals and action plan follow-up
- Provide technical support to the logistics team and if needed, training sessions
- Assist the deputy base logistician in maintaining good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics
- Participate in the writing of reports in collaboration with the logistics coordinator
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Status : Employee
- Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date: mid-August 2021
- Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to sites of intervention
- Gross monthly salary: 2588 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year – minimum of 6 months seniority required)
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Diploma or certificate in logistics management
- At least 2 years of professional experience in logistics
- At least one previous experience with an INGO is required
- Experience in fleet management, supply chain and stock
- Experience dealing with suppliers and following procurement procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, with short deadlines
- Negotiation skills
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Able to work and live in specific security context
- Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
- Languages : English is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of Hausa or French is an asset
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.