Médecins du Monde recruits 01 Network financial and fundraising coordinator (M/F) – Saint-Denis
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
The Médecins du Monde international network includes 17 independent associations from 17 countries. It shares a common vision: “a world where there will no longer be barriers to health and where health will be recognized as a fundamental right”; values: “commitment, social justice, empowerment, independence and balance” and principles: “caring, witnessing and advocating, supporting social change and honouring humanitarian”.
The network implements projects in 77 countries around the world. Each of the 17 members has a strong local foothold in its own country with domestic projects.
The network has evolved over the years into a decentralised, but strongly connected and interdependent organisation of members. The network governance model has been adopted by the network’s 2018 General Assembly. Members decided on a model that respects the diversity within the network and the autonomy of each member, while facilitating and stimulating an environment suited for bilateral and multilateral collaboration. Within this governance model, there are three main bodies: the network president council (made of the 17 presidents), the network executive council (made of the 17 executive directors) and the network executive committee (made of the executive directors who are chairing the steering groups).
A network support team managed by the network coordinator is supporting the network executive committee and the network communities (on governance, finance, fundraising, communication, advocacy and operations). The network support team is made of the network coordinator and four other persons: the operations coordinator, the advocacy coordinator, the communication coordinator and the fundraising and financial coordinator.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the network coordinator, you have the responsibility to support the growth and financial independence of the Médecins du Monde network as well as its financial transparency. In particular, you lead the preparation of the network’s annual financial report and ensure the ownership of the financial commitments and tools by each of the 17 members of the network.
You work in close collaboration with the finance and fundraising managers of the different chapters.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Contribution to financial transparency within the network and coordination of the network financial report
- Ensure the gathering of financial data of all chapters as well as their compilation, analysis, check and control compliance with financial report
- Lead the preparation of the network annual financial report
- Provide technical support and training on financial commitments, procedures and tools to the different chapters, especially those involved in the “resource sharing agreement”
- Carry out briefings and debriefings for financial teams of the different chapters
- Coordinate the regular revision of the “resource sharing agreement”
- Follow up the budget of the network
Contribution to the growth and financial independence of the network
- Coordinate the analysis of funding needs and funding opportunities for the members of the network
- Coordinate the selection process of project proposals and ensure the option of submitting a proposal in consortium is prioritized (when a funding opportunity is of interest for several members of the network)
- Ensure communication between the operational chapters responding to an emergency and the chapters raising funds in response to the emergency
Facilitation of the finance and fundraising communities of the network
- Organize regular online meetings and annual face-to-face workshops
- Ensure information sharing and feedback
- Draft the annual plans
- Propose common tools adapted to the needs identified, ensure that the existing tools and reports are well known and filled in by all the chapters
- Report to the network coordinator
Participation to the transversality of the network system
- Meet regularly with the coordinators of other departments (operations, advocacy, communication)
- Participate in meetings or workshops of other departments when required
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Status: Employee
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 18 months
- Temps complet
- Starting date: March 1, 2022
- Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
- Premium equal to one-month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- 8.50 euro luncheon vouchers (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- 50% reimbursement for transportation costs
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
- Work with display screen equipment / Open-plan offices
- Sitting posture
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 5 years of experience in an NGO, preferably in the humanitarian, public health or human rights sectors
- At least 2 years of experience in international networks and/or platforms
- Understanding of financial reports, ability to produce financial analyses
- Knowledge of the management of institutional grants and other sources of funding
- Dynamism, adaptability
- Leadership, sense of responsibility, autonomy
- Ability to work in a multilingual and multicultural environment, within a team whose members are based in several countries
- Ability to transmit and create needed tools and training
- Ability to elaborate clear and impactful presentations
- Understanding of institutional donors’ cycles and procedures
- Languages: fluent in English and French (written and spoken), Spanish an asset
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
AUCUNE CANDIDATURE NE SERA TRAITÉE PAR TÉLÉPHONE.
Médecins du Monde se réserve le droit de clôturer le recrutement avant la date limite de dépôt des candidatures.
MdM s’engage pour l’insertion des personnes en situation de handicap et lutte contre toutes les discriminations.