Médecins du Monde recruits 01 Administrative coordinator (M/F) – Ethiopia
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France mission in Ethiopia is entering a phase of significant growth in which it will have to work on budgets for new proposals, follow up on new and existing grants and donors, and prepare crucial donors’ reports.
In addition to the above, the mission needs to finalize its key HR procedures and guidelines. Some of the documentation and processes have been prepared but others still have to be updated urgently especially in this context of HR/volume development.
Other key procedures (such as money security rules, cash management, etc.) also need an update and follow-up on implementation.
It has to be highlighted that the administration department of MdM mission in Ethiopia is junior to absorb the current and expected workload and that the department lacks some necessary tools and procedures for their job to be efficient.
The logistics department is also currently being restructured. There is an important need of efficiently linking this department with the administrative and financial ones.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You strengthen the finance and HR departments of the mission with a particular attention to their working links with the logistics department. You train and follow up the administrators of each base on MdM France tools and procedures.
- Day to day manage the administrative team in Addis and technically support the administrators on the bases
- Monthly upgrade accounting and BFF and follow up with operation coordinators and budget holders. In particular, set parameters for new projects: enter new projects within budget follow-up document and accounting systems
- Revise and supervise implementation of money security procedures (cash management)
- Finalize and implement revision and drafting of key HR procedures, guidelines and policies. For instance, make sure that the new CoE, IR, salary scale, etc. are in place and implemented
- In cooperation with the HR department in HQ, finalize the revision of the existing function and salary grid
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Status : Salarié
- Contract : Contrat à durée déterminée
- Duration : 3 months
- Starting date: 3 January 2022
- Gross monthly salary: 2860 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- At least 3 years of humanitarian mission experience as administrative, financial, HR coordinator
- Experience with Médecins du Monde in international mission is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Ethiopia is a strong plus
- Strong knowledge in training and support
- Good knowledge of logistics and the way administration and logistics departments interact
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines,
- Technical skills in security, supply chain, stock, team management, IT.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills, listening and diplomacy skills
- Ability to listen, provide guidance and foster good team dynamic
- Pedagogy and organizational skills
- Language: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
- IT: Good knowledge of Pack Office (word, excel, outlook)
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.