MDM recrute 01 Roving emergency administrative and finance coordinator (M/F) – Worldwide
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
The Emergency Unit oversees the organization’s global emergency preparedness and response activities. Our mission is to re-establish the continuum of care where disrupted or non-existent in the wake of a natural or manmade disaster and in the case of both forgotten and long-standing crises, where vulnerable populations can no longer access care.
The roving emergency administrative and finance coordinator is part of an emergency team that can be deployed in the field for up to 80% of the work time – either in an emergency or roving capacity, Emergency team members may be deployed to start a new intervention on a crisis setting or to support existing MdM country programmes in their emergency response or preparedness activities. The roving emergency coordinators have the critical responsibility to assess, design and implement the response to meet the immediate health-related needs of the affected population. They may be requested to provide specific support or training for the teams in place. The missions are diverse in terms of contexts as well as types of responsibilities. The duration of each mission assignment is 3 months maximum. Non-field-based activities can be up to 20% of the work time mainly based in Paris (HQ).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the responsibility of the head of the emergency unit, you are responsible for leading a team providing accounting, finance and HR support to the emergency operations.
As part of the emergency response team, your main responsibilities are to:
- Draft the budget proposals for donors in close link with the emergency team
- Ensure high quality accounting for the mission
- Ensure high quality cash management for the mission
- Provide financial and budgetary management
- Contribute to ensure that all grants compliance requirements are met
- Prevent and manage fraud and corruption
- Ensure the administrative management of the local and international teams, in accordance with labour regulations in the intervention country and MdM policies
- Supervise administrative records and guarantee that the status and functioning of the mission are in legal accordance with the requirements of the intervention country
When at HQ – Emergency unit, you will also have the following responsibilities:
- Provide specific and technical support to MdM country teams and programmes (audits, training, etc.)
- Coach expatriate or national staff taking an administrative & finance coordination position
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee
- Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Long term or short-term contract (depending on your profile and/or your availability)
- Gross monthly salary: 2 816 to 2 912 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two installments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Working conditions bonus depending on the time spent in the field (198.18 gross euros per month maximum)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Accommodation taken in charge in the field
- Food expenses covered in the field, meal vouchers during the presence at HQ
- 22.5 RTT per year (recuperation days)
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Punctual teleworking agreement (after 6 months – 1 day/week)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Graduation in accounting or finance (HR academic background is an asset)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in emergency settings in a similar position
- Excellent command of accounting and budget management
- Excellent computer skills and a good knowledge of SAGA is an added value
- Sound experience in overseeing an HR department
- Experience managing donor funded programmes and grants; including resource mobilization
- Languages: fluent in English and French (both written and spoken), Spanish or Arabic are an asset
- Interpersonal skills, diplomacy and negotiation
- Dynamism, rigor, reactivity
- Resistance to stress, ability to adapt to different contexts
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.