MDM recruits 01 Logistics and administrative coordinator (M/F) – Bangladesh
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM mission in Bangladesh opened in February 2017. From August 2017, a massive wave of population fleeing violence in the Rakhine state in Myanmar crossed the border to find refuge in Cox’s Bazar district in Bangladesh. This unprecedented situation created an emergency humanitarian situation. After nearly 3 years of emergency activities in Cox’s bazar, MdM has now entered in a new phase and aims at strengthening its response at qualitative level focusing on MHPSS and GBV as part of the primary health care through technical support to all non-governmental organizations (national and international) implementing healthcare services in refugee camps, for both host communities and displaced population.
As an important component of GBV intervention, MdM is willing to strengthen the sexual and reproductive care component (SRH) in close connection with GBV component. Furthermore, a new project on related components will start in Dhaka slums to work especially with host community. All these elements, jointly with a good financing strategy, will have the objective to stabilize and secure the mission, to assure our presence in the country, fulfilling our projects objectives.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator and in close collaboration with the support departments at the HQ and with the field teams in Cox’s Bazar, you are responsible for the overall management of finances, accounting, logistics, human resources, administrative and legal aspects of the mission.
Your main responsibilities are:
Budget, finance and accounting
- Develop and monitor mission and program budgets and train implementing partners
- Supervise the operations of accounting and be responsible of the communication and revision of the accounting external service
- Be responsible for the cash management and monthly fund requests
- Be responsible for the mission and supplier tax clearance and all national revenue related issues
- Develop and implement the mission financial procedures and be the focal point for local financial audits for the mission
Funding and donors
- Ensure the representation of MdM in front of donors
- Ensure appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors and prepare budget for new proposals
Human resources (national and expatriates)
- Update the HR policy regarding the context in Bangladesh and ensure the application of MdM rules
- Create or improve a database for the monthly allowance payment including all taxes
- Participate in the definition of living rules and working conditions for expatriates
- Supervise the payment of monthly per-diem for volunteers, and advances for the expatriates
- Answer all formalities and requirements made by the local authorities
- Set and respect all legal guidelines of the mission
- Give support to the presentation and follow-up of new MdM projects to the governmental related offices (preparation and follow-up of budgets and expenses)
- Be the focal point to deal with the contracted lawyer
- Supervise the preparation of the various contracts
Procurement, supply chain and security
- Monitor the overall supply chain management for the response in country
- Be responsible for the implementation, follow-up, update and respect of MdM logistics procedures
- Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process
- Manage the fleet, transportation and movement coordination
- Assist the field on scheduling all logistics activities needed, including procurement, fleet management
- Participate in development, review, implementation and monitoring of MdM’s security measures in-country and ensure security briefing
- Be responsible for the entire logistics and administrative national staff activities, evaluation and support them
- Ensure proper collaboration and team work amongst finance, HR and logistics team, as well as together with the program teams
- Recruit and train the financial, accounting, HR and logistics staff
- Provide monthly financial, HR and logistics reports
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Status: Employee
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 12 months
- Starting date on 01/06/2021
- Gross monthly salary 2 574 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year – minimum of 6 months seniority required)
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Experience of 2 years minimum in a similar position
- Capable of setting up all the issues on HR and legal aspects of a new mission
- Experience in negotiations and relations with local partners, MdM network chapters and authorities
- Experience in a moving and difficult legal, administrative and political context
- Experience in multi donors funded projects
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Organisational skills, rigor, detail oriented
- Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions
- Knowledge of Saga software is an asset
- Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) is mandatory, French is an asset.
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.