MDM recruits 01 Administration and Finance Coordinator (M/F)
Médecins du monde
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Administration and finance coordinator (M/F) – Ethiopia
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde (MdM), a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM France currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
Currently, the regional focus is on Afar Region which, together with Somali Region, is among the poorest states in Ethiopia. An AWD project recently ended and a program of healthcare provision for sex workers will run here until 2021. In the Somali region, MDM is launching a new project including health (SRH) activities as well as Nutrition and WASH in Nut activities through a local partner.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator, you will manage the administrative team, organise and manage the mission’s administrative components: finance, accounting, cash flows, budget construction and follow-up, expatriate / national human resources, legal framework.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
• Develop and implement finance and accounting procedures in line with MDM internal rules and donor requirements
• Be responsible of the monthly accountancy of the mission: accountancy of AA and check and validate every base accountancy before sending it to HQ including reconciliation of bank accounts and petty cash; supervise the quality of internal accounting
• Be responsible of the monthly mission cash request to HQ according to the needs of the mission
• Together with the Genco and the HQ financial controller (CGF), elaborate the MdM annual budget for the mission, and work on budget revision
• In collaboration with the CGF, design and implement budget monitoring tool adapted to the field need or donor requirement
• Be responsible of budget follow-ups on a monthly basis and its analyses
• Elaborate budget forecast together with Genco on a monthly basis
• Monitor overall budgetary consumption with respect to donors’ constraints, adjusts donors’ allocations if necessary, be responsible for document-gathering related to yearly audit (Ethiopian authorities) and other audits if necessary
• Be responsible for information gathering and drafting of financial donor reports in line with their guidelines
• Participate in the preparation of audit and external evaluations
• Participate in interactions with donors on financial and administrative matters as required
• Be responsible of the monthly payroll, validation of the Genco should be necessary for the monthly salary payment
• Be responsible of the approval of all purchasing according to the budget and to MdM rules of procurement
• Ensure that the procurement and payment made by logistics are done according to the MdM procedures
Administrative / HR management
• Revise and update MdM internal rules and regulations, staff model contract and salary policy and scale (in line with Ethiopian law) in coordination with HQ and in liaison with other INGOs
• Supervise the administrative management of national staff (job description development, contract signature and renewal, leave, overtime, insurance, disciplinary procedures, end of contract, resignation, dismissal, etc.) with strict respect for Ethiopian legal framework and MdM internal guidelines
• Be responsible for administrative briefing of all new expatriates arriving on the mission
• Supervise the administration of expatriate staff (arrival expatriate file, departure return sheet to HQ, plane ticket bookings, renewal of visas, mission orders, ID cards, work permits, residence permits and consular registration of all expatriates in Ethiopia)
• Supervise the preparation and follow-up of administrative files related to medical treatment and/or evacuation of expatriate staff in coordination with coordination team
• Participate in meetings with local partners and local authorities related to HR issues
Legal framework follow-up & management
• Ensure compliance with formalities required by government agencies and local authorities within required timeframe (annual report to the authorities, income tax for national staff)
• Ensure surveillance of local legislation and practices directly applicable to MdM such as Labour Law, Social Law, Tax and Revenue law, custom procedures, immigration law, etc.
• Anticipate and ensure renewal of all administrative agreements, registration, licenses, permits, authorisations and privileges granted to MdM by various bodies of the Ethiopian authorities
• Manages legal issues of the mission in link with the general coordinator and legal adviser
• Propose adaptations of projects related to constraints and opportunities linked with local authorities
• Be responsible for preparation and updating of documents describing the operating procedures of the mission
• Manage requests of work permits, visa and legal permits needed for international staff
Team management and capacity-building / Communication
• Ensure the drafting of meeting minutes for internal meetings in Addis Ababa and the holding of coordination meetings in the absence of the general coordinator
• With the general coordinator, share with field teams notes/memos/guidelines related to the overall mission management
• Reinforce the quality of field and capital administration teams or local NGO partners with specific trainings geared to develop local capacities
• Prepare internal trainings related to mission administration to develop the capacity of national staff, or local NGO partner with the objective of nationalising the position with the support of the general coordinator
• Train and support the partners on all financial issues regarding MdM partnerships
• Ensure that MdM financial obligations are respected as per partnership agreement
• Ensure that the partners submit the financial report on time, and that all expenditures are eligible as per donors/MdM requirement
• Ensure the integration of partners expenditures in SAGA EE book
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed-term contract : Six months with the possibility of extension
Starting date : as soon as possible
Position open only for Ethiopian citizens
Contract under Ethiopian law
Position based in Addis Ababa with regular field visits
Salary : according to MdM salary scale
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
BA/MA in accounting or related field with the combination of relevant training and practical experience.
Minimum two years of progressively responsible professional work experience in a similar position
Experience in working in an international NGO
Experience in administrative, finance and HR capable of setting up all the issues on HR and legal aspects on a mission
Experience in multi donors funded projects
Fluent in Amharic and English, ideally also knowledge of other languages
Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, and adaptability
Good organizational skills
Excellent computer and reporting skills
Good communication skills
Ability to classify and manage priorities – High autonomy is required
Interest and ability to work in a team
Knowledge of SAGA is an asset
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application letter including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees through email@example.com email. If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF by writing the job title on the subject line.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 10 days of the submission date of the deadline, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
Deadline for the submission: 8th April 2020
Lieu: Addis Ababa
Fonctions: RH et Finances
Contrat: # CDD
Secteurs d’activité: # Santé
Pays: # Afrique
Date de validité: 15/04/2020