MdM France recruits 01 General coordinator
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM’s operational licence to work in Ethiopia is valid up to January 2020. The coordination office is in Addis Abeba and the base office is in Afar region (Semara).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the responsibility of the desk manager based in Paris, you are in charge of consolidating MdM’s operational strategy in Ethiopia. You are responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality programs, donors and government relations, fundraising and budget management, security and operations management.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
– Be in charge of planning the entire mission and assessing programmes; supervise and organise their implementation
– Ensure the safety of people and property for the entire mission; supervise and organise the implementation of safety rules and ensure that decisions are applied
– Define the general organisation of the mission and the staff; manage and supervise the coordination team; make or approve management decisions; and be in charge of the quality of the overall climate and the working conditions
– Be in charge of the communication between the mission and the headquarters
– Ensure compliance with the administrative and legal framework of the country and the rules and regulations of the mission
– Supervise and be in charge of facilitating the drawing-up of the budget; approve any eventual adjustments; ensure the quality of the budgetary follow-up, as well as the safety and transparency of funds use
– Be in charge of raising funds in the field; guarantee that the contract of objectives defined by the donors is fulfilled and that contractual obligations are respected
– Carry out negotiations and maintain regular relations with the local, regional and federal authorities and partners of the mission, ensure the respect of agreements and contracts
– Organise relations and communication with the head office of MdM; be in charge of the quality of the submitted reports on activities and ensure compliance with procedures for the exchange of information and reporting
– Encourage contacts with the media, transmit MdM’s official positioning to the staff and to the media; ensure the visibility of the mission and the consistency of MdM’s positioning
– In terms of international human rights law, be in charge of heightening the staff’s awareness, of collecting and spreading data collections according to the directives of the DH unit; make sure that the actions led are coherent and that MdM’s procedure on the gathering of testimonies is respected
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status: Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Position to be filled as soon as possible for 6 months
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master’s degree level
Experience in team management and project management
English mandatory (spoken and written)
Strong communication skills, with strong sense of diplomacy
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
|Experience||3 à 5 ans|
|Fonctions||Gestion de projets/programmes|
|Secteurs d’activité||Santé, Plaidoyer|
|Comment postuler||CV + Cover letter|
|Postuler en ligne||http://www.jobs.net/j/JsHEJjqP?idpartenaire=127|
|Date de fin de validité||31/07/2019|