Maypole Fund Small Grants for Women 2016
Deadline: January 31, 2016
Applications are now invited for the 2016 Maypole Fund Small Grants for Women. The Maypole Fund takes an international perspective in supporting women in non-violent and politically expressive projects in subject areas that include environmental issues, among several others. The Fund gives priority to small women’s groups and individual women.
Do you have an imaginative project for peace with justice, anti-militarism and action against male violence, nuclear issues and environmental safety, women’s social and political autonomy? Maypole may be able to help with a grant of up to £750.
Grants from the Maypole Fund have contributed to a wide range of activities. So far, Maypole money has helped with printing leaflets, mounting exhibitions and making videos. They have financially helped women to set up and take part in conferences, workshops and other events. They have enabled groups to buy equipment to resource their projects.
Maypole Fund welcome applications from women for projects and activities for any of the following:
- Peace initiatives, disarmament and action against the arms trade;
- anti-militarism and action against male violence;
- nuclear and environmental issues;
- promoting women’s social and political autonomy throughout the world;
- international links between women for these purposes.
Preference is given to small women’s groups and individual women over larger and more established women’s groups or organisations.
- They give precedence to projects by individual women or women’s groups over women’s initiatives within mixed groups of women and men;;
- They prefer specific one-off projects and projects not yet started to projects already started or completed;;
- They particularly welcome applications from women who do not have access to other sources of money or whose projects find it difficult to attract funding elsewhere.
How to Apply
To apply, you have to
- Describe clearly the activity you would like the Maypole Fund to support;
- Include an email address so that they can easily contact you;
- Include your bank account details including IBAN code;
- Clearly state how your activity fits in with Maypole’s AIMS and say how the CRITERIA apply to your project;
- State clearly the total amount you need. Their maximum grant is £750;
- Give a breakdown of the costs;
- Do not exceed four A4 pages.
To apply for a grant, complete the application form and send it by email email@example.com.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- If you do not hear from them within 2 months of these dates, your application has been unsuccessful.
- If you are awarded a grant, the Maypole Fund expects that you will spend it on the agreed activity, and that within the following six months you will write us a short report showing what you have achieved with the money, and attaching receipts for all expenditure.
For more information, visit Maypole Fund for Women.