Mastercard Foundation recrute 01 Responsable Innovation et Economie Numérique – UEMOA
We are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.
To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.
Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.
If you are an experienced Innovation and Digital Economy professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Country Director, WAEMU, the Head, Innovation and Digital Economy will cascade the WAEMU Roadmap, Innovation and Digital Economy priorities and design the necessary plans and initiatives to facilitate programs delivery in the WAEMU countries. The role is responsible for leading conversations with all stakeholders and partners throughout program design & delivery by providing insight and expertise on digital economies. S/he will work collaboratively with other programs staff to advance the role of technology both as an enabler and an economic sector.
Ways you can contribute
- Provide leadership and expertise to inform the design and management of programs.
- Leverage technology to scale within the WAEMU ecosystems and value chains as well as innovation programs that can surface the next area for youth employment growth.
- Design and manage programs and initiatives that enable jobs creation and create work opportunities for young people.
- Design and delivery of appropriate mechanisms to monitor effectiveness and impact of interventions in close collaboration with the Impact team.
- Drive collaboration with thematic leaders to leverage synergies across programs in the WAEMU.
- Oversee the management of partnerships and distill learnings for the Program teams.
- Lead discussions within governance activities related to the WAEMU programs, such as government bodies, steering committees, advisory committees or other stakeholder fora to provide oversight or elevate and leverage learnings.
- Identify challenges and opportunities in the digital economy space to drive job creation and growth.
- Provide overall team leadership, coaching and guidance necessary for success and growth and help overcome challenges and other barriers to team effectiveness.
- Ensure teams alignment with other thematic interventions in WAEMU.
- Lead insight generation to support the Foundation’s thought leadership on digital economy landscape in the WAEMU by writing blogs, meeting countries representatives, attending and presenting at conferences and identifying other opportunities to share and deepen learning.
- Design programs to support the Foundation’s team capacity relating to digital skills development and digital policy, by sharing learning and supporting teams across thematic areas.
- Build partnerships and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at the WAEMU level, communities of practice and global stakeholders.
- Represent the Foundation and collaborate with key internal and external audiences.
Who you are
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in education, business, or a technology-related field.
- At least 13 years of experience working with the private and non-profit sectors, particularly in a role relating to digital technology and skills development in Africa, West Africa or the WAEMU.
- Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
- Knowledge of digital inclusion policy is an added advantage.
- Experience in a commercial function in at least one relevant digital technology industry focused on low-income customers – e.g., product management, strategy, design.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies and sectors with potential for emerging markets – software solutions, app or platform providers, venture capital, incubators, digital financial services providers, e-government, data analytics, etc.
- Experience working with the non-profit or public sectors, particularly in a role relating to digital technology and experience with entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the WAEMU, economic and political contexts and strong analytical skills, the ability to think strategically and contribute as a thought partner in the Foundation’s strategy development.
- Demonstrates strong budgeting skills with the ability to manage a large portfolio of assets.
- Command of quantitative and qualitative business analytics.
- Experience living and/or working in Africa.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and to distill complex information and data into accessible conversation and written pieces.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is June 21, 2023.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : boards.greenhouse.io.