Mastercard Foundation recrute 01 Assistant(e) de Direction au Directeur du Développement du Capital Humain
About Mastercard foundation
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
The work at the foundation
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced Executive assistant looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Director Human Capital Development, the Executive Assistant for the Director Human Capital Development will provide comprehensive administrative support to include the management of meeting/event scheduling, coordination of travel as well as support of Human Capital Development staff especially Lead Strategy and Planning-Human Capital Development for designated administrate tasks. He/she will lead coordination of Foundation internal matters in close alignment with other Executive Assistants and Foundation staff.
The successful candidate can be based in Senegal, Ghana or Nigeria.
Ways you can contribute
- Manage and coordinate internal and external events/meetings for the Director Human Capital Development – act as an effective ‘gatekeeper’ while ensuring access to the Director Human Capital Development (HCD).
- Coordinate agenda of meetings, capture complete and detailed minutes of meeting, ensure timely distribution to attendees and related staff.
- Lead follow-up on post meeting/events actions to support Director Human Capital Development, designated staff.
- Coordinate logistics including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc.
- Manage and coordinate Director Human Capital Development travel arrangements, to include accommodation, ground/air transport, immigration/ Visa/immunization details.
- Prepare and submit expense reports accurately and efficiently in line with organizational policies.
- Maintain key contact of country stakeholders.
- Manage program team calendar including prioritizing and resolving scheduling conflicts as required.
- Working closely with the office coordinator, coordinate logistics of project meetings and events including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc.
- Facilitate internal communication within the Human Capital Development Office.
- Maintain in good order content of shared folders used by Human Capital Development team.
- Compose routine correspondence to support Director, HCD interaction with internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Support to coordinate and compile material for (Foundation) Board and SLT reporting.
- Support distribution of correspondence from Director, HCD to relevant staff and stakeholders.
- Organize and maintain documentation/files related to Director, HCD.
- Build, liaise and sustain relationships with Executive Assistants /offices for Mastercard Foundation key partners, stakeholders.
- Provide backup to other (Foundation) Executive Assistant /Administrators as required.
- Perform any task assigned by the Director of Human Capital Development.
Who you are
- College diploma or University degree is required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an Executive Assistant role in a fast-paced environment with local and multinational experience.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent planning and logistical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills in English; written and spoken, and French would an added advantage.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to produce high quality work consistently and effectively.
- Able to work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Well established networks of service contractors, relevant stakeholders, and partner organizations.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365, and SharePoint).
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is May 5th, 2022.