Mastercard Foundation recruits 01 Responsable, Engagement des jeunes – UEMOA
We are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.
To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.
Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.
If you are an experienced Lead, Youth Engagement professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head, Education and Cross-cutting enablers, the lead, Youth Engagement will be responsible for building the young people perspective into the programs by setting direction and engaging partners throughout program design and implementation. S/he will provide knowledge and insights on the inclusion of youth voice in the Programs, managing relationships with partners, communities, etc. This role is responsible for ensuring youth’s engagement and appropriation of the Foundation’s programs and activities and the expert on youth engagement matters.
Ways you can contribute
- Supporting design of country roadmap and programs
- Engaging and soliciting input from young people and collaborating with country team to ensure inclusion of youth perspectives in portfolio and program design.
- Work in collaboration with the integrated program team to integrate youth engagement across the Country Strategy and program cycle.
- Work with country teams and partners to co-design country-level strategic outcomes and programs, proactively pursuing opportunities for program integration and innovation.
- Lead planning to ensure adequate resources and budgeting to implement Youth engagement and approaches into their programs.
Ensure success and impact of country programs with regards to:
- Supporting implementing partners to build youth engagement and outreach mechanisms, ensuring youth remain at the centre of implementation efforts.
- Ensuring youth are engaged and involved into the program’s success and are the voice/ambassadors of the programs with the other youth.
- Overseeing research and evaluation of partners to ensure that they stimulate relevant, rigorous, and respective approaches to deepening the Foundation’s approach to Youth in the Young Africa Works Strategy.
- Working with internal Knowledge Management team to identify, document, and mobilize -related insight and learning from the Foundation’s current and future portfolio of work.
- Managing initiatives, events, and platforms to engage program alumni and young people more broadly.
- Build youth-focused partnerships with local organizations to enhance the impact of WAEMU and Regional Programs.
- Manage delivery of youth engagement programs and relationships with government stakeholders.
Who you are
- Master’s degree in finance, Business, Communication, or equivalent experience in youth engagement.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience in youth engagement and a minimum of 5 years of leadership and management experience.
- Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
- English and French oral and written language skills preferred.
- Demonstrates a great understanding of the youth communities and engagement models.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of agricultural markets in Africa and the systemic challenges leading to stagnant growth and best practices for addressing them.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of youth dynamics, trends, mobilization methods, etc.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, the ability to think strategically and contribute as a thought leader in the Foundation’s strategy development.
- Demonstrates strong budgeting skills with the ability to manage a large portfolio of assets.
- Command of quantitative and qualitative business analytics.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to drive followership and ability to develop likability with the youth communities.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and to distill complex information and data into accessible conversation and written pieces.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is June 21, 2023.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant : boards.greenhouse.io.