MAN Impact Accelerator 2019/2020 for Social Ventures in Transport and Logistics (Up to $50,000 USD grant support)
Deadline: October 1, 2019
Applications for the MAN Impact Accelerator 2019 are now open. The MAN Impact Accelerator is built to scale social ventures in transport and logistics with a considerable impact on society. It takes you on a journey through 4 cities in Europe, Brazil and South Africa. Get access to a pool of more than 300 mentors, become inspired by social entrepreneurs and learn from leaders of your industry!
The MAN Impact Accelerator brings social entrepreneurs from Europe, South Africa and Brazil together to tackle social and environmental challenges through innovative solutions in the transport and logistics space. The MAN Impact Accelerator kicks off in Munich in November 2019. The curriculum that follows will take you to cities like Sao Paolo, Lisbon and Johannesburg. The official closing ceremony in Munich in June 2020 will mark the end of the program.
The program offers a range of benefits from various partners and perspectives. The below list is by far not comprehensive and gives you an indication of how they help you grow further.
- Assets & Services from MAN
- MAN Staff Mentors with Industry Expertise
- MAN’s Global Network of Partners
- MAN’s Supply & Distribution Networks
- Assets & Services from YSB
- Access to Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prof. Muhammad Yunus
- Access to the global impact investor community
- Assets & Services from other partners
- Access to more than 300 mentors
- Visits at sites of social entrepreneurs
- Access to the innovation community
Financials and Cost
- Travel and accommodation costs are covered by MAN Truck & Bus. The program provides an indirect grant and support of up to $50,000 USD for each startup (no equity or cash). This also includes free access to coaches and mentors as well as to software and data perks for free or at preferred rates.
- Open to social businesses and impactful startups from Europe, Brazil and South Africa that have a strong logistics, transport or mobility focus with a prototype and preferably early revenues;
- Startups must have a strong purpose and create both tangible and measurable impact beyond financial returns.