MAMTA: Research Fellowships on Public Health and Adolescence 2018
Deadline: 30 November 2018
MAMTA Health Institute for Mother and Child (MAMTA), under the aegis of its Centre of Adolescent Health and Development is seeking applications to offer a Research Fellowship Scheme.
The fellowship aims to promote health, socio-behavioural and policy research in priority areas that impact adolescents and, is meant to develop evidence to guide quality programming and policy.
The key objectives of the scheme are to:
- Strengthen and develop research in adolescent health and development
- Building the research capacity of students and researchers working in the area of public health
- Increase collaboration with National and International research partners
- Produce high quality outputs that deliver impact to the community
Areas for Research
- Sexual and Reproductive health
- Mental health,
- Substance abuse
- Non-communicable disease
- Injury, accidents, trauma
- Social determinants/drivers of heath (child marriage, violence against adolescent, child abuse)
- Up-to 10 research fellowships will be awarded annually. This includes five awards for MD and five for PhD students.
- The fellowship grant is up to INR 1,50,000, with an additional amount up to INR 50,000/- for publication support in peer-reviewed journals.
Maximum tenure of the fellowship will be ONE year for the proposed research topic.
Research Methodology Training
In addition to the fellowship grant, all the selected candidates and their supervisors (if so desired) will be provided one-week Research Methodology Training in the context of Adolescent health research by National and International experts.
- Academic Qualifications: The applicant must be enrolled for a full time study in MD/MS/PhD degree program in a relevant discipline of medical science (Pediatrics, Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatry, Dermatology, or Community Medicine), social science, public health & allied areas, from a recognized University/Institution in India.
- Age Limit: Less than 40 years
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.