MAGNA recruits 01 Supply Chain Specialist/Referent
MAGNA is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian organization whose objective is to provide medical aid to populations in crisis. MAGNA organizes humanitarian medical projects to help people in need, whether through poverty, disease, war, or ecological disaster and regardless of ethnicity, religion or nationality. MAGNA is independent of all states and institutions, as well as of all political, economic or religious influences.
MAGNA recruits medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, MAGNA has achieved respectable results. MAGNA for over 20 years has focused on providing medical care (primary, secondary, nutrition, sexual violence, HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases) in countries such as South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Ukraine and Cambodia among others.
The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational unit based in Bratislava and decentralized around the world. The field operations are guided and supported by Operational Centre and Cells covering specific geographical area and other departments and services supporting operations, including the Supply Chain Unit.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND JOB ENVIRONMENT
The Supply Chain Unit supporting the missions of MAGNA regarding their supply chain. The unit comprises a diverse expertise, to ensure that it can support all different aspects of MAGNA´s supply chain: ensuring supply chain support for regular missions, emergency interventions, and a medical stock/pharmacy management support for both regular missions and emergency interventions. The focus of the unit is to ensure appropriate support and guidance to MAGNA missions regarding their supply chain (including medical stock management), in collaboration with other relevant departments/units (operations, medical, financial), while working as one team between HQ and field.
The main objective of the position is to monitor and support missions of MAGNA regarding their supply chain management, while being functionally responsible for the mission supply chain managers and log coordinators in those missions. Apart from that, he/she leads or participates in (non-mission specific) efforts related with supply chain optimization, IT system development and functional ownership, as well as development of supply chain management procedures and trainings.
The Supply Chain Referent is part of the Operational Centre (OC). The Operational Centre is a matrix-like “team set-up” integrating members of the different units, services or departments of MAGNA as the basis for direct support and guidance to the missions within each Cell’s portfolio and made up of Operation Coordinator, Medical Referent, Operational HR Referent, Finance Controller and Supply Chain Referent.
S/he is hierarchically accountable to the Head of the Operation Centre, while functionally linked to the Supply Coordinator of the Supply Unit (if available).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Scope of supply chain topics
- Planning & Forecasting
- Local/international order management
- Transport and importation
- Local procurement
- Logistical stock management/warehousing
- Mission internal distribution
- Order and budget calculation
- Application and update of procedures & guidelines
- Use & development of management IT tools
- Organizational set-up at mission level
- Performance management and continuous improvement
Field support & monitoring
- Intensive technical support for medical forecasting, order, budget calculation and international order planning & follow-up
- Addressing of overall progress and issues, and advising towards the Logical, Medical and Financial Coordinators (mission level), and the Medical and Financial Advisors (operational cell level)
- Promotion/reinforcement of MAGNA supply chain management procedures
- (De-)briefing with Supply Chain Managers, Pharmacists, Logistic, Medical and Financial co-ordinators and other colleagues involved with mission supply chain management
- Field visits: 2-3 times/year
Optimization of MAGNA´s supply chain
- Definition of optimization priorities, and leadership of/participation in optimization projects. This as joint effort with other operational members and depending on the topic colleagues from other departments (operations, medical, finance)
- Data based analysis with the aim of identifying improvement potential
- Systems – functional ownership and development (depending on division of tasks between referents)
- Functional ownership of supply chain management IT tools and involvement in new developments
Procedures and training (depending on division of tasks between referents)
- Definition/update of MAGNA supply chain management procedures
- Providing training for persons in charge of managing supply chain in missions
- Development of trainings regarding supply chain management for MAGNA and collaboration/participation in the development of international supply chain management trainings
COLLABORATION & COMMUNICATION LINES
- With colleagues in the Operation Centre regarding methodology, managing support regarding entire mission portfolio and supply chain optimization
- With colleagues from operations regarding field support: Supply Chain Managers, Pharmacists, Medical, Financial and Logistical Co-ordinators (at mission level), Operational, Medical and Financial at cell level
- With colleagues from other functional departments/units (medical, logistical, finance) regarding collaborative topics
- Resolving issues and optimization (mission-specific) with respective order and transport operators
Expériences / Formation
Education and experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or similar
- Minimum 4 years experience in supply chain management. Field experience within the humanitarian field in supply positions is an asset.
- Experience with people management and coaching
- Asset: experience in humanitarian sector
- Fluent written and spoken English. Additionally French would be an asset
- Commitment to MAGNA Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Stress Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Networking and Building Relations
- Based in Bratislava or Prague at the MAGNA office with possibility of homeoffice and with occasional visits to the field (2/3 times per year)
- Super Gross salary (untaxed): 2.123 – 2.579EUR
- Full time job
- Contract duration: Open Ended Contract subjected to probation period of 3 months.
- Starting date: July 2022
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered:
“Supply Chain Referent”.
E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.).