MAERSK recruits a HSSE, IM & BCM Manager
Maersk is looking to hire a Health and Safety professional with experience in HSSE, Incident and Business Continuity Management to ensure that all standards are met in every area of the business.
The role is primarily focused on Warehouse operations for all in/out activities management, trucking activities and all offices’ HSSE compliance.
The operations provide services to the customers (Importers, Exporters) with interactions with vendors, clearing agents, transporters and others cargo owners and all stakeholders.
Under general guidance of the Head of HSSE, NWA Area, this position represents the HSSE department and supports the entities in the implementation of Maersk global standards, best practices and compliance to local and national legislative requirements to ensure safe operations and services.
A challenging opportunity to work in a dynamic and driven organisation where you will demonstrate your Commercial, Operations and client management skills as well as leadership capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work with leading customers and corporations in the NWA Area, to acquire and master the best commercial practices and to gain visibility and recognition within Maersk NWA Area.
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing Maersk leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the NWA Area.
You will gain substantial general management, people management experience and Senior leadership exposure in this role as you will be a part of the Maersk Senegal Leadership Team.
– Advise all sites Responsible on HSSE matters and ensure the implementation of recommendations.
– Compile and manage annual HSSE action plans per facility through the companies reporting tool.
– Conduct audits, review audit findings and manage compliance with action items.
– Ensure that all incident investigations are handled effectively and in accordance with the Maersk global HSSE standards.
– Coordinate and manage escalated incidents and problems that occur after hours.
– Drive and ensure alignment in respect of all statutory obligations and compliance with local legislation and Maersk global HSSE standards.
– Maintain incident statistics, analyse trends and propose/take remedial action.
– Ensure that contractor’s health and safety policies, procedures and systems are in place and are in accordance with
– Maersk standards prior to access to Facilities.
– Assist and support contractors in the preparation of risk assessments and safe working procedures.
– Support in the development, monitoring and review of entire risk assessment process.
– Track and effectively manage high risks through the company’s
– Project and Operational Management System, (Workfront, Podio,
– Contractor Safety Management, GIZMO etc.).
– Identify HSSE training needs, co-ordinate interventions and train to introduce them to major APMM Safety, Security programs,
– Global projects and to engage them continuously to own HSSE processes and practices at all levels of operations.
We are looking for:
– 3-5 years’ of solid HSSE experience
– Professional certification / NEBOSH diploma / relevant H&S Degree
– Fluency in English and French (mandatory)
– Root cause analysis training
– Proven management & Problem-solving skills
– Efficiency in processing paperwork
– Energetic, dynamic, driven, positive, enthusiastic.
– Ability to think laterally and to act through reasonable decision making.
– Ability to implement and manage change in the organization
– Commercial awareness & Perseverance
– IMDG (knowledge on dangerous goods) & Trucking experience