Supply Chain/Logistics Operations
Last application date: 14/6/2019
Reporting to the Warehouse & Distribution Supervisor, the Warehouse Assistant requires a strong planning and coordination to drive operational management of a Warehouse site at Maersk.
Supporting and enabling the Maersk W&D product families and value proposition to our clients being either stand alone or part of a global supply chain solution. Collaboration with all Area functions to ensure high service levels to enable a quality customer experience.
In this role, you will gain industry knowledge, international experience, better communication skills and techniques relevant to our core business. This will equip you with the competencies required for operational roles, deepen your potential and career development as well as contribute to your team’s and organization’s success.
Maersk is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world.
• Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
• Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
• Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
• Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
• Complete diary logs into inventory
• Report any discrepancies
• Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
• Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment
• Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
• Manage the operations of the location in the absence of the supervisor
• Manage site subcontractors needs and usage for W&D services
• Respect compliance and the adherence of the global compliance framework
• System usage and compliance to defined systems, processes and IT usage
We are looking for
• Minimum of Bachelor degree qualification
• Extensive Warehousing experience as well as operational knowledge of Warehouse
• Collaboration and influencing skills
• Good understanding of Warehousing risks to be managed in an African context.
• Understanding of local cultures
• Energy and passion with ability to drive performance
• Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems
• Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
• Good organizational and time management skills