Maersk Line recruits 01 Power Electrician
Maersk LineLagos, Nigeria
Transports et logistique
NigeriaLagosLocalEngineering/FacilitiesLast application date: 26/5/2021
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We offer• APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
• An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
Key responsibilities• Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and or remedial works(electrical) of container handling equipment.
• Carries out maintenance and repair service for container handling gantry cranes and rubber tyred gantry cranes.
• Ensures that emergency work is followed up by reporting to their Supervisor.
• Carries out electrical/electronic maintenance repairs, fault findings and monitoring.
• Submits routine and critical inspection and monitoring reports.
• Ensures work conforms to safety rules and regulation.
• Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment.
• Carry out those duties assigned by their Supervisor.
• Provides complete and accurate written reports on equipment, as needed.
• Performs any other related activities, as requested.
• Observe provisions of the labour regulations, relevant HSSE policy & procedures, terminal rules & procedures and contribute to the continual improvement process.
• Develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
We are looking for• Requires a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education.
• Diploma in electrical technology is preferred. Any additional training in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries.
• Requires at least three years of general experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants.
•Must have an additional two years of progressively more responsible quay crane and RTG maintenance and repair experience, including specific knowledge of electrical/electronic and related subjects.
• Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes, spreaders, in general.
• Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major electrical/electronic parts such as PLC drive control system, communication drive system etc.
• Requires familiarity with the repairs of cranes/RTG cranes and spreaders.
• Requires a general knowledge required to interpret electrical/electronic diagram, simple engineering drawings, layouts and specifications.
•Requires a general familiarity with electrical and electronic components.
• Requires general knowledge and background in technical applications of digital and analogue electronics.
• Requires the ability to follow instructions, assess daily priorities, and plan the work day.
• Requires an ability to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned.
•Requires an ability to get along with co-workers and contribute as a team member.
• Requires advanced elementary/pre-intermediate level verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Requires an ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs, and continuing with the assignment until finished, with quality workmanship and service.POSTULER