Maersk Line recruits 01 Customer Experience Export Specialist
Customer Experience Export Specialist
Last application date: 19/11/2021
Maersk Cameroon is looking for a dynamic and Commercially driven candidate to take up the new and exciting role of Customer Experience Export Specialist in Douala.
He/she will be responsible to execute, support and supervise daily operations tasks related to Hinterland, Import, Export shipments, in accordance with agreed procedures, so as to deliver results within specified transit time.
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
i. Results orientation
ii. Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
iii. Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
iv. Creating network within the global organization
v. Understand market and customer drivers
vi. Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge.
• Direct any clients/co-workers/3rd parties as required to ensure the processes are completed as per SOP manual.
• Proactively advice all parties involved about their liabilities if documents or other prerequisites to any stage of process are not provide/met according to agreed terms.
• Take all measure to prevent and avoid any possible additional costs (storages/demurrage/detention/…) that can negatively affect the margin initially estimated.
• Take all measures to solve any issues preventing process completion, and if unsuccessful, immediately escalate to the CX manager, or in her absence the Area CX Manager.
• Monitor and ensure timely service response to any customer enquiry (within 4 hr)
• Make sure all required KPI data is captured and that TrakIT is filled in timely
• Coordinate and inform clients/co-workers timely of any relevant information regarding the shipment. (24hr after execution of the task)
• Provide regular/timely updates to clients as agreed. (Weekly/bi weekly)
• Exercise “constant care” as best policy and be committed to Maersk Cameroun SA quality concept.
• Support interaction with consignees, shippers, their representatives, and potential clients of Maersk Cameroun SA ensuring that the company is always represented in the best possible light.
• Live, communicate, inspire, and promote A.P. Moller Maersk Group’ Mission, Vision, and Values
• Receive documents from clients and make sure that they comply with requirements as per SOP.
• Assist in verifying that documents are completed as per Work Order received
• Advise clients in case of missing documents that could delay the process
• Prepare all documents after delivery and ensure files timely invoiced. (48h after delivery)
• Ensure all additional charges are approved by client before payment. (24h after transmission)
• Ensure no file is released without proper release cargo.
• Ensure the CM1 quoted at file opening is maintained for at least 90 % at the time of file closure. (max absorption 10% of the GP in case of service failure / support BCO)
• Ensure weekly report sent to clients.
• Ensure we deliver on what was promised by Sales to clients.
• Ensure all files on your responsibilities are follow up via TRAKIT. (24hr after each event/step)
• Ensure proper communication with client on details concerning their shipments and delivery.
• Ensure KPI are filled up with all relevant data timely.
• Ensure adherence with all security policies and SOP’s. ( eg : no release for cash customer without payment)
• Ensure a constant attention to the prevention of fraud in any elements of our business.
• Ensure that files are properly sent to archives. (5 days after CD)
• Any other duties, tasks and / or responsibilities as advised by your superior.
• Other tasks as deem fit by your supervisor to prepare you for further management responsibilities.
• Assist on preparation of different report to share to management ( Delivery Files status, ALT meeting. etc)
• Weekly agenda to share to your direct report
• Weekly update on Export files .key challenge and support need.
Export corridor lead
• Lead corridor performance: transit time vs SLA – successful delivery – GP/(No/low revenue leakage) – customer experience
• Internal coordination among the CX team: WO allocation follow up – timely creation of file in Trakit + SLI, Timely documentation transmission Tracker.
• follow up invoicing turn time & Workflow Clean-up on the corridor (with landside team & Finops)
• Lead report & market intelligence on the Corridor (COD discharge list TBL- performance analysis. Event status per file – delivery turn time. Etc)
• Ensure proper System update in Trakit (CHB, CX MC, Landside. Etc)
• Escalation to CX multicarrier challenge
• Drive initiative to improve customer experience on the corridor
We are looking for
• 2+ years of experience in transit import/export operations;
• Fluency in English
• Client product knowledge
• Skill/knowledge required to perform routine and continuous activities
• Exposure to continuous improvement techniques
• Process execution leadership
• Interpersonal understanding
• System: TRAKIT- Case Management -Kewill- GCSS – Agent View