L’UNICEF recrute 01 consultant en partenariat Zakat
The post-holder will:
- Conduct a mapping analysis into the potential of Islamic Giving across WCAR. This will include but will not be limited to;
- Identifying the most suitable WCAR CO programmes to be compliant and gaining support from relevant teams
- Propose and recommend campaign messaging and branding that would resonate to the region
- Map out and recommend the resources required, the project team required and the budget required to launch a campaign for Ramadan 2023
- Provide overall strategic guidance and advice on Islamic Giving principles, so that UNICEF WCARO can provide a mechanism for people of the Islamic faith to entrust their Zakat to the organization, so that we can implement projects and programmes on their behalf in WCA COs in an authentic and respectful manner.
- Introduce and engage respected Islamic Scholars among the WCA community on UNICEF’s Zakat initiatives and projects
- Educate, explain and consult with target WCA COs to gain their support and buy-in to be involved in this potential pilot initiative, securing engagement from key WCAR priority markets for future Islamic Giving initiatives
- Work with PFP, COs, WCARO Advisor of Social Protection and Emergency, WCARO Senior Advisor of Partnerships, WCARO Deputy Regional Director, WCARO Comms and select national committees
Help identify, and if possible, introducing additional key prospects for WCARO, with the goal to raise additional income from major donors and/or faith-based organizations.
This assignment will be home-based with one mission possible to the region travel with respect to country specific Covid19 protocols and other health emergencies. The consultant will use own computer and the relevant software to complete the assignment. The consultant will be responsible for internet and communication costs of remote collection of information from stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, International Studies or of a similar degree
- 8 years or more demonstrated experience in advising organizations and individuals in fundraising, philanthropy, faith-based giving, and in financial services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Islamic Giving or Philanthropy, especially Sharia law. .
- Knowledge of UNICEF or the UN system approaches to partnerships with the private sector is preferable.
- Network of Muslim individuals, entities, Islamic scholars and associations is a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, and ability to communicate with different stakeholders in a multi-cultural context
- Fluency in English is required, and understand of Arabic and French is a bonus
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022