L’ONU recrute 01 responsable des finances et du budget
Within the delegated authority, the Finance and Budget Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepares cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of mission’s resourcing requirements such as a staff and non-staff requirements, including programmatic aspects; reviews, analyses and revises data with respect to the finalization of budget proposal as well as Result Based Budgeting inputs.
Provides support to programme/fund centre managers (Substantive and Support Sections) with respect to the elaboration of resources requirements for budget submissions.
- Administers and monitors extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures. Administrates the mission’s allotments in accordance with the established procedures including redeployment/reallocation of funds.
- Ensures the sufficient and effective use of budgetary resources through robust monitoring of budget utilization to the approved budget and timely provision of information to the Mission management for decision making; Provides support and guidance to fund centre/programme
managers on budget implementation and corrective actions were necessary.
- Prepares the budget performance report of the mission and ensures that correct and accurate data and information are provided by various programme/fund centre managers in compliance with the Controller’s instructions. Reviews and finalizes the performance report ensuring valid
and adequate variance explanations between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Analyses complex/unusual accounting transactions and open items in the accounting system and implements corrective actions.
- Reviews and reconciles various clearing accounts, investigates erroneous/invalid entries and takes appropriate corrective accounting action.
- Advises and ensures that only valid year-end budget commitments confirming with established procedures are valid for carrying forward.
- Reviews and verifies that appropriate relevant supporting documents have been provided for the processing of payment for goods and services received.
- Reviews and approves monthly and year-end financial statements, ensuring the reports are accurate and submitted to UNHQ as per the deadline
- Manages cash flow requirements of the mission; verify imprest documentation and prepares imprest statements.
- Acts as Approving Officer under Financial Rule 105.4 in adherence with the UN Regulations and Rules.
- Provide advice, financial interpretations, adaptations and corrective actions in response to audits and other queries to ensure adherence to the UN Financial Regulations and Rules, Staff Rules, Administrative Instructions, Bulletins and Circulars.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of Finance and Budget Section ensuring clear guidelines are given to the staff and ensuring full compliance with UN Financial Rules and Regulations and deadlines are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or related fields is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in administration, business, finance, or related field is required. Please explain how you meet this criterion using examples
- Experience in results-based approaches to budgeting and budget management/monitoring through an ERP system is required. Please explain how you meet this criterion using examples
- Experience with extracting, organizing, and merging multiple large data sets and performing complex multi-layered analyses of financial and operational data is desirable. Please explain how you meet this criterion using examples
- Experience with analyzing and monitoring cash flows and forecasting liquidity requirements is desirable. Please explain how you meet this criterion using examples
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; and knowledge of French is desirable.
Application deadline: 20 September 2022.