L’OIM recrute (01) Regional Office Project Officer
Entreprise/Structure: Organisation Internationale pour les Migrations (OIM)
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Senegal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Bac + 5 ou plus
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 1 an
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 24-08-2016
Publié le 20/08/2016 à 08h38min12s
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24 August 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Migrant Assistant Regional Thematic Specialist (RTS) and the Regional Programme Manager, the incumbent will assist in the implementation of the Regional Programme Protecting Vulnerable Migrants in West and Central Africa.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist the implementation of the Regional Project and work closely with the Project Manager and Project Assistants.
2. Assist the Project Manager in his/her coordination role within the Inter-agency Secretariat for Mixed Migration.
3. Assist the Project Manager in the organization and follow up on the Inter-agency Secretariat meetings and activities.
4. Work closely with all members of the Inter-agency Secretariat (including DRC, OHCHR, UNODC, UNHCR, Save the Children, ICRC and UNICEF) and other partners.
5. Assist the Project Manager in the development and dissemination of project-related reports and correspondence to relevant counterparts.
6. Assist the Migration Assistance RTS in drafting and developing new projects, in particular in relation to Migrant Assistance and Mixed Migration.
7. Assist the Migration Assistance RTS in reviewing projects proposals and reports, in particular in relation to Migrant Assistance and Mixed Migration.
8. Maintain the Regional Database on Migrant Assistance up to date.
9. Maintain the Migrant Assistance Library up to date.
10. Ensure timely and consistent report of all Migration Assistance activities undertaken in the Region.
11. Represent IOM within both the Regional Working Group on Child Protection and the Regional Working Group on Child Protection in Emergencies.
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree or Master’s level in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Law or a related
field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
• University degree in the above fields with at least one year relevant professional experience.
• At least one year of relevant professional experience
• Previous experience with UN and International Agencies, international or local NGOs preferred;
• Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
Fluency in English and French is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 24 August 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 10.08.2016 to 24.08.2016
Requisition: CFA 2016/21 (P)- Regional Office Project Officer (UG)-Dakar, Senegal (54842053)
Posting: Posting NC54842056 (54842056) Released
Postuler ici : https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODUxQzdDMUVFNjk3RDUzNDBBQ0JDMkFFNTEmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d#
Postuler à cette offre avec votre compte cD
La Communauté cDiscussion.com
Cliquer ici pour vous inscrire dans la communauté cDiscussion.com afin de recevoir chaque jour des offres d’emploi par mail, être contacté(e) par des recruteurs pour des postes ou des missions de consultations, c’est gratuit!
Plus d’info ici : https://www.cdiscussion.com/me/cJobcontent.php?jobid=1014411#ixzz4HugH7Htn