Leading Pakistan Award to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, The Netherlands
Deadline: May 11, 2018
One Young World’s Local Organising Committee for Pakistan is proud to provide one Delegate scholarship place for an impactful young leader from Pakistan to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague from October 17-20, 2018.
The One Young World organises an annual Summit – One Young World Summit – where the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations are joined by world leaders, acting as the One Young World Counsellors. At the Summit, delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces.
After each Summit, the delegates, who are then known as One Young World Ambassadors, work on their own initiatives or lend the power of the One Young World network to those initiatives already in existence. Of those in employment, many return to their companies and set about creating change from within, energising their corporate environment.
Scholar will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis during the Summit, 17 to 20 (inclusive) October, 2018
- Provisions may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 16 October and/or 21 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Applicants must be aged 18 – 30
- Be a national of Pakistan with a valid Pakistani passport OR a valid NIC, SNIC, NICOP or POC Pakistani ID card
- Candidates must demonstrate:
- Evidence of commitment to creating positive change in Pakistan. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
- Leadership ability and examples
- Concern and knowledge of local and related global issues must be evident
- Ability to generate, articulate and achieve impactful ideas