Leaders Opportunity : Apply to Become a 2016 Women PeaceMaker (Fully Funded)
Deadline: April 25, 2016
Applications are open to become a 2016 Woman Peacemaker. Four Women PeaceMakers are selected each year to participate in an eight-week residency at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, located on the University of San Diego (USD) campus in San Diego, California. Women PeaceMakers collaborate with Peace Writers and a film team to document personal stories through writing, video, and audio recording.
Selected candidates give presentations on their work both at the institute and in the San Diego community. They have opportunities to exchange ideas and approaches to peacemaking and justice, which helps increase their capacity to participate in conflict resolution and peacebuilding efforts and in post-conflict decision-making.
- Airfare, visa expenses, lodging and health insurance are covered by the program. PeaceMakers receive a stipend during their residency to cover living expenses and incidentals.
- Open to women who have been involved in either official or unofficial peace processes and who may be working at the grassroots, national or international level.
- Women who have been active in efforts to secure a just peace, namely, through conflict resolution and civil society participation that is inclusive and honors human rights.
- Women PeaceMakers must:
- Have extensive experience (usually 10+ years) working directly in peacemaking and/or human rights efforts at a grassroots, national or international level.
- Speak sufficient English to relate personal experiences. Written English is not necessary.
- Be in a position to apply what is learned and/or to share with others at the conclusion of the residency program.
Begin Application here.
For more information, visit Women Peacemakers.