Le PAM recrute 01 Assistant Budget et Programmation
Under the direct supervision of a Regional Budget & Programming Officer, the incumbent will be providing support in resources planning and accompanying the ongoing unit development in total support of 19 Country Offices (CO) in the region. The focus of this position will be mainly:
- Support all Resource Planning related processes for a selected number of COs (with perspective from the Regional Bureau) for all Resource Planning related tasks (pipeline review, budget revisions, resource management overview preparations, unspent balances, funds management, data compilation, and analysis, etc.)
- Provide capacity and technical support, guidance, and advice to COs where required
- Support and contribute to any other related exercises and tasks as determined by the unit’s priorities
- Review budget plans, monitor, and analyse project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
- Provide comprehensive analysis of fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
- Support pipeline management ensuring efficient monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximise operational effectiveness.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems, and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation.
- Enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
- Review, compile and analyse data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support the accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain communication with a number of stakeholders regarding project funds management matters and related processes, to clarify any discrepancies and optimise the use of funds.
- Provide guidance to other support staff and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management, and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Education: University degree in finance, economics, accounting, business administration, or another relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Has supported the preparation and management of budgets.
- Has assisted with the monitoring of budgets/resource plans/pipelines/supply chains.
- Has assisted with budget/allotment related issues within the WFP budget system.
- Internal Controls & Compliance: utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.
- Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting: analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations for senior leadership on financial and business planning matters in accordance with Value for Money principles.
- Resource Management: monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.
- Performance Management: displays sufficient understanding of WFP performance management system to gather relevant and accurate information from internal and external sources for input to monitoring and/or evaluation processes.
- Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge: demonstrates a basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
- Fluency in French and English languages (oral and written)
Closing date: 07 Dec 2022