Laval University Master’s Scholarships for International Students
The purpose of this program is to promote academic excellence by offering scholarships to foreign students who are citizens of an African or European country (other than France1) and are admitted to a master’s program at Université Laval.
This scholarship of $7,000 per year is renewable once, subject to compliance with the faculty’s criteria of excellence and upon the research director’s recommendation and faculty approval.
Criteria of excellence
The Registrar’s Office considers the average available when the application is reviewed.
|Achieve a score of 14/20 or better or the equivalent of a “mention bien” on the diploma required for admission.||Scholarships are awarded to candidates admitted to a master’s program2. List of eligible programs|
|11/20 to 13/20 average||Candidates are eligible, but scholarships are subject to faculty decision.|
- At the deadline indicated below, must have submitted a complete application package3 at Université Laval in an eligible first master’s program and have been accepted in this program. (list of programs)
- You are a foreign student who is a citizen of an African or European country other than France.
- You graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in your country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed.
- You are registered full time for the two firt semesters in the program of study for which the scholarship was granted (winter 2015 and summer 2015).
Deadline and Submission Guidelines
- Admission for summer 2016 : January 15th, 2016
- Admission for fall 2016 : March 15th, 2016
- Admission for winter 2017 : September 15th, 2016