L’Auberge des Migrants recrute 01 Advocacy and Communications Coordinator Channel Info Project
Channel Info Project was launched by L’Auberge des Migrants (AdM) in November 2022 to react to the need for access to information and digital connectivity along the UK-France border. This project responds to the changing information needs of people on the move in Northern France, and coordinates with a network of organisations in France, the UK and the EU to collate and disseminate accurate and reliable multilingual information. As a project, we also advocate for dignified and sustainable access to these services for people on the move. We believe that people should have autonomous access to ressources to be able to make informed choices.
L’Auberge des Migrants (AdM) is a non-profit organisation that has been working with people in exile in Calais since 2008. AdM helps coordinate the work of six partners to meet the basic needs of exiled people in the region.
Our work includes a mixture of field and admin time during the week. Whilst in the field, each team member is responsible for delivering information. In addition, every role has specific admin / field-based responsibilities regarding the project. Our presence in the field includes a static info point at the local day centre and pop-up info stands at other organisations’s distributions; phone charging sessions near the living sites; information outreaching and facilitating workshops and trainings for volunteers and people on the move. We hold weekly team meetings and we ensure that the team is familiar and up-to-date on the asylum procedures in the UK and France by attending regular training sessions.
As the Advocacy and Communications Coordinator, your average week will include two days in the field, with two days assigned for personal admin time and the other day participating in communal admin time.
This is a relatively new project and therefore we are in the early stages of building up our activities in the field and expanding the direction of our work. We are currently a small team and we are looking for someone who would be comfortable working in a busy and high-pressured environment with the ability to contribute to the strategy of the project. There is the opportunity to grow the role as it is a newly created one.
- Regular presence in the field at charging sessions, info points, maraudes and workshops.
- Attending regular information training.
- Developing the long term advocacy strategy for the project.
- Managing our social media channels and creating regular content for them.
- Participating in inter-associative advocacy projects.
- Coordinating the publishing of different reports.
- Creating new content, advocacy and communication tools.
- Developing and maintaining press relations (drafting press releases, contacting and responding to media outlets and enquiries, etc).
Expériences / Formation
- Clean manual driving licence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Highly proactive and organised, able to manage and prioritise a busy, high-pressure workload and long working days.
- Experience working in a grassroots charity or NGO or in a similar field (work with refugees, asylum seekers and/or displaced people).
- Interest in the UK and French asylum process.
- Background in human/social sciences, advocacy or communication.
- Permission to work in the EU, and enrolled at a university with the eligibility to do an internship.
- Knowledge of any other of the languages spoken by people in Northern France (Arabic, Farsi, Dari, Pashto, Urdu, Tigrinya, Sorani, Oromo, Amharic, or German).
- Previous experience working in a coordination role.
- Previous experience working with displaced people in Northern France.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Professional experience using the various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok).
Deadline for applications: 3 February 2023
Location: Calais, France
Commitment: 6 months
Remumeration: 590€ / month net
Accommodation: shared accommodation provided
Holidays/breaks: 15 working days during the six months
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV to : email@example.com by Friday 3 February 2023. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions or would like to discuss the role.
Laisser un Commentaire