DESCRIPTION DU PROGRAMME
LANEF is pursuing a new scholarship program designed to support excellent students who want to do the 2nd year of their Master degree (M2) at the University Joseph Fourier (Grenoble, France) with the goal of pursuing a PhD thesis on a topic developed within one of the 5 LANEF laboratories.
In 2015, two €8000 grants are available to cover a 10 month stay, starting from September 2015, including the lab internship.
The program is open to highly talented and motivated students of any nationality, with a background in physics, engineering, chemistry, biology and mathematics, with a strong interest in the one of the research fields of LANEF. French candidates must have already studied/worked abroad for at least two years, including the 1st year of their Master (M1).
Candidates applying during their M1 must have successfully completed their M1 before July 2015. Candidates with a qualification equivalent to M1 (e.g. Engineering degree) may also apply. Applicants must be fluent in either French or English, depending on the M2 program chosen, and must make contact with the director of the relevant M2 program.
Pre-selection will be based on evaluation of academic results, recommendation letters, and adequacy of the candidate’s scientific interests.
Pre-selected candidates will have to find a scientific supervisor in one of the 5 laboratories of LANEF in order to establish a research project for the M2 internship that has the potential to be extended into a PhD thesis project. The applicants are encouraged to contact a scientist in a LANEF laboratory in the field of their interest at an early stage of their application.
A grant is worth €8000 – to be split in 2 during the 10 month stay (including internship) in Grenoble.
PROGRAMME FINANCÉ PAR
Fondations et associations
Photonics and semiconductors / Spintronics and nanomagnetism / Quantum nanoelectronics / Electrical energy / Advanced superconductivity / New frontiers in cryogenics / Nanosensors and nanomaterials for healthcare and biology / Theoretical and Computational Physics
Candidates applying during their M1 must have successfully completed their M1 before July .
MAÎTRISE DE LA LANGUE
Applicants must be fluent in either French or English, depending on the M2 program chosen.
INSCRIPTION / CANDIDATURE
– a researcher from one of the 5 laboratories of LANEF, or the scientist in charge of the scientific domain of LANEF which is the most relevant for you, or email@example.com.
– the director of the relevant M2 program.
Download the Predoc program application form
With the help of your contact, fill out this application form (in French or in English).
PIÈCES À FOURNIR
Application form / CV / exam results / diplomas / cover letter
+ two recommendation letters to be SENT DIRECTLY to LANEF.
PROCESSUS DE SÉLECTION
– After verification of its eligibility, each application is submitted to 2 independent reviewers.
– Members of the Steering Committee select the applicants to be invited for an audition in Grenoble, on the basis of the reviewers’ reports. The selected applicants will be notified early April. Before the audition, they have to find a scientific supervisor and prepare the second part of the application, namely the research project, which has to be submitted by April 30, .
Wednesday 6th May : Auditions will be held in Grenoble, in front of the Board of LANEF, the directors of the Master programs, and invited specialists.
– All travel/accommodation expenses for 3 days/2 nights will be covered by LANEF. This should provide enough time for the applicant to visit the host laboratory and to finalize their oral presentation together with their supervisor. Alternatively, SKYPE auditions may be organised.
Final results will be announced the last week of May.
Stéphanie MONFRONT, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0033456529603