L’ambassade britannique à Dakar recrute 01 comptable
Salary: 809,760 paid 13 times per year plus XOF 20,800 Transport allowance paid 12 times per year
Main Purpose of Job
This is a critical role in a busy Embassy. The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring that Corporate Services delivers financial and resource management to a high standard. He/she will respond to the financial requests of all UK government departments using the Embassy platform with support from the Corporate Services Manager. He/she will ensure all processes are compliant with the financial benchmarks set by the UK government.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounts Payable and Accounting Information for Cash and Bank Transactions at Post 60%
- Work with budget holders and staff to enhance compliance with the Global Transaction Processing Centre (GTPC) procedures including correctly accounting for spend and reducing the risk of fraud.
- Manage all payments, reconciliation and maintenance of vouchers/receipts.
- Monitor Post’s official bank account to ensure sufficient balances are maintained.
- Timely and accurate preparation of the NPA (monthly accounting report).
- Manage the relationship between the Embassy and the bank.
- Support teams to improve their financial and compliance scores (FPCI), by monitoring purchase orders and invoices for potential issues.
- Monitor GPC transactions.
- Administrative support for tendering exercises.
General Administration and HR 15%
- Logistical support for recruitment e.g. post adverts locally, set up interview facilities.
- Ensure all contributions are up to date at all times with IPRES and Caisse de Securite Sociale.
- Collate payroll data for FCDO country based staff for submission to the pay and benefits team.
- Review staff terms and conditions to ensure they are in line with local labour law.
- Any other tasks from senior management.
Team Support 10%
- COVID response officer
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure)
- Corporate Services travel and entertainment budget / cash and other office assets – Telephones
- Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience of administrative work and office management.
- Language: English and French
- Strong organisational skills are essential for this role and the ability to multi-task and manage your time effectively in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of managing resources is also key.
Closing date: 25 January 2022Postuler