L’Ambassade américaine à Dakar recrute 01 Social Media Coordinator
U.S. Mission DAKAR, SENEGAL
Announcement Number: Dakar-2018-020
Position Title: Social Media Coordinator / Information Assistant
Opening Period: June 12th, 2018 – June 26th, 2018
Series/Grade: LE 6105 8
Salary: (F CFA) 13,396,352 – (F CFA) 13,396,352
For More Info: Human Resources Office
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
For USEFM – FS is FP-6. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Dakar/ Senegal is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Social Media Coordinator / Information Assistant.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time 4 weeks of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The incumbent serves as Social Media Coordinator, working under the supervision of the Information Specialist and the Information Officer. Duties include assisting in the planning, programming and implementation of post’s social media programs to provide better understanding of U.S. policies and achievements among key Senegalese audiences. Assists in planning and implementing media strategies and programs, especially in regards to Social Media. Serves as back-up to Information Specialist and Information Assistant.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: College or University degree in Liberal arts, education, social sciences, journalism, or international relations is required.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressively more difficult technical work, including experience with desktop publishing and word processing software, and working with or interacting with the press is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of media structure in Senegal required.
LANGUAGE: Level 4 in French and English (Fluent, Reading, Writing, Speaking). (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Typing, word processing, and desktop publishing. Ability to draft and proofread materials in French and English such as press releases and articles. Maintain accurate files with quick retrieval systems. Ability to deal with visitors and telephone calls. Ability to manage needs of and interaction with journalists at press events on behalf of PAS when needed. Ability to use or devise new formats and computer-assisted designs for PDO and mission-related materials. Ability to cover duties of the Information Specialist/Assistant when needed. (This may be tested.)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Dakar/Senegal may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the following application process to be considered:
- Create an account on the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) Website at https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/sen/vacancysearch/searchVacancies.hms.
- Choose Announcement Number DAKAR-2018-020 Social Media Coordinator / Information Assistant and complete the online application.
- Upload any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. resume, cover letter, degrees certificates, wok permits & SF 50 if applicable) into the Electronic Recruitment Application system.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Cover Letter
- High School diploma
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Dakar/Senegal.