La Chaîne de l’Espoir recruits 01 Administrative, Finance & HR Coordinator – Iraq H/F
ABOUT LA CHAÎNE DE L’ESPOIR
La Chaîne de l’Espoir is an international NGO founded in 1994. Its mission is to strengthen health systems to give everyone, especially children, the same chances of survival and development. Helping the most vulnerable children is more than an ethical obligation, it is a prerequisite for achieving the 2030 goals for children’s health and well-being.
We work in 28 countries with a comprehensive approach, focusing on children, mothers and disadvantaged communities:
- Prevention and screening from an early age, particularly through school health programs
- Care and surgery, to meet the most urgent needs of children and their mothers.
- Strengthening the medical and surgical workforce thanks to our international network of experts.
- Construction and equipment of hospital structures adapted to local needs.
La Chaîne de l’Espoir in Iraq :
La Chaîne de l’Espoir started working in Iraq in 2005 implementing cardiac paediatric surgery through surgical mission, treatment of children in France, capacity building and equipment donations.
Since 2014 La Chaîne de l’Espoir has been working in Iraq with a permanent team and a specific focus on secondary healthcare for Iraqi displaced population.
In July 2016, La Chaîne de l’Espoir opened three operation theatres complexes in Rabia, Sinuni and Qarachwgh. La Chaîne de l’Espoir team provided supplementary surgical equipment and consumable materials re-establishing elective and emergency surgical activities. Surgical teams were deployed on a residential basis providing general and emergency surgical care.
In 2016 and 2017, international medical missions, comprising of Orthopaedic Specialist Surgical teams, took place at the Dohuk Emergency Hospital, supporting and sharing clinical skills with the Iraqi national counterparts in the hospital.
In 2020, La Chaîne de l’Espoir executed a structural renovation of the primary health care centre (PHCC) in Sinjar town creating a new surgical ward. The renovation and installation of the medical equipment in the new OT have been completed in the early 2021.
La Chaîne de l’Espoir current flagship project in Iraq is the construction of the Sinjar French Medical Centre (SFMC), managed by La Chaîne de l’Espoir in Sinjar town and funded by the CDCS – French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the European Union and La Chaîne de l’Espoir own co-financing. This new hospital will be providing primary, emergency, and intensive care for adults, obstetric care for women and specialized care for mothers and children. The construction project started in January 2022 and will last up to the end of 2023.
On the Medical component of our programs in Iraq, we are providing specialized secondary health training to medical and paramedical staff, managing a dedicated CDCS funded project.
Based on our current program expansion plan, secondary health related projects in Mosul and Nasiriya are planned to start by the last quarter of 2022
The Admin/Finance/HR coordinator is responsible for managing accountancy, financial and budget related activities, processing human resources administrative tasks and handling procedures related to La Chaîne de l’Espoir agreement in Iraq. S.He ensures compliance with laws and regulations, La Chaîne de l’Espoir’ procedures, donors’ requirements and any other applicable regulation.
The Admin/Finance/HR coordinator works under the management of the Head of Mission and will supervise Admin/HR staff based in Iraq and KRI.
The Admin/Finance/HR coordinator works under the technical supervision of, and in close coordination with, the headquarter team in Paris, mainly the financial control, the accounting and institutional funding services. They also maintain regular communication with the programmes coordinator.
TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES
The Admin/Finance/HR coordinator handles the following activities.
- Accounting management and monitoring
- Submit bank and cash journals to the headquarter on monthly basis; along with the justifying supporting documents
- Control accounting entries and cost allocations;
- Prepare monthly financial statements;
- Manage monthly accounting closure;
- Support the Head of Mission for operation regarding bank reconciliation and cash inventory;
- Prepare treasury forecast for the country office, submit them for validation to the Head of Mission, and transfer them to the headquarter;
- Control the eligibility of vouchers and supporting documents;
- Ensure that suppliers’ invoices and payments are properly followed;
- Budget and financial follow-up
- Participate in the elaboration of the operational project budgets, including all activities;
- Prepare budget follow-ups and budget forecasts for projects on a monthly basis, activities and donor’s contributions (private or public);
- Participate in the budget follow-up meetings with the Head of Mission and the support and technical field team
- Assist in the budget revision exercise;
- Know and master donor’s contract for relevant costs allocation and compliance with the regulations related to the budgets (with the support of the institutional funding service in headquarter).
- Draft and consolidate qualitative reports, and participate in the elaboration of external reports (for donors, authorities, etc.) starting from projects’ and partners’ data.
- Human resources and administrative management
- Contribute to negotiate contracts (purchasing, rents, etc.) in coordination with the Logistics and Security coordinator and the Head of Mission.
- Elaborate contracts, submit them to the Head of Mission and/or Logistics and Security coordinator, handle administrative follow-up;
- Establish and maintain individual personnel folders, for national and international staff, according to the national labour and tax laws as well as La Chaîne de l’Espoir procedures, including formalities linked to recruitment;
- Elaborate monthly payroll and payslips, contribution declarations, taxes and any other formality related to income, rights and taxes, and submit them for validation to the Head of Mission;
- In collaboration with the Head of Mission, handle all necessary procedures to ensure La Chaîne de l’Espoir compliance, especially with national laws and regulations, and all other regulations applicable within the framework of La Chaîne de l’Espoir’s activities;
- Alert on any external regulation changes that may affect activities or La Chaîne de l’Espoir presence in Iraq;
- Collaborate with La Chaîne de l’Espoir lawyer in writing letters and synthesis. Eventually facilitate communication between La Chaîne de l’Espoir lawyer in Iraq and La Chaîne de l’Espoir head office in France;
- Elaborate the administrative and financial sections of the internal monthly report and submit them for validation to the Head of Mission;
- Ensure physical and digital archiving as per La Chaîne de l’Espoir standards, for all administrative and financial documents of the country office;
- Submit to the Head of Mission regular and update information on achievements and challenges met;
- Contribute in audit and control exercises, whether internal or external, as well as in the implementation of the accepted recommendations;
Expériences / Formation
University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, project management or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of work experience in a similar position, preferably within and international NGO.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledges of Arabic and Kurdish are desirable;
- French is an asset;
- Adherence to humanitarian principle and La Chaîne de l’Espoir’s code of ethics;
- Knowledge of institutional donors’ funding;
- Patience, flexibility and capacity of adaptation;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Rigour, analysis and synthesis capability;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Package;
- Knowledge of Saga is a plus;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated capacities to work with colleagues;
- Stress management, ability to manage fatigue and set limits.
- Expatriate status, 12 months full time contract (renewable)
- Salary range : according to profile and experience
- Based in Erbil, Iraq
- Attractive R&R policy
Application to be sent by email, no later than May 31st, 2022 : resume and cover letter under reference ‘ADMIN/FIN/HR COORDINATOR IRAQ’