La Banque Mondiale recruits 01 Senior Procurement Specialist & Procurement Hub Coordinator
La Banque Mondiale
Kinshasa, Congo Democratic Republic
Banque et Assurances
Senior Procurement Specialist & Procurement Hub Coordinator
Job # : req11346Organization : World BankSector : ProcurementGrade : GGTerm Duration : 3 years 0 monthsRecruitment Type : International RecruitmentLocation : Kinshasa,Congo Democratic RepublicRequired Language(s) : English and FrenchPreferred Language(s) : Closing Date : 4/12/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC Description
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information,visit www.worldbank.org
Governance Global Practice Context
The Governance Global Practice (GGP) helps developing countries build capable, efficient, open, inclusive and accountable institutions that can support economic growth, reduce poverty, deliver needed services and earn the confidence of citizens! Our work encompasses public financial management, public procurement, civil service reform, open government, anti-corruption, and using technology to improve quality and access to government services. More information: https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/governance
The Global Directorate for Procurement (EPRDR) convenes a leading group of practitioners focused on advancing cutting-edge practices and innovations in the field of procurement. In that context, the Directorate supports governments and non-governmental actors in institutional strengthening and capacity building, improvement and modernization of procurement systems and ensuring efficiency of transactions for improved governance and enhanced development outcomes. The Directorate advances these efforts across sectors and regions.
THE KEY THEMES OF THE SIP GROUP ARE AS FOLLOWS:
• Provide technical advice on procurement fiduciary activities and lead policy dialogue on procurement with client countries;
• Support client countries in achieving value for money in public procurement and Bank funded operations in order to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity;
• Create the space for procurement/governance innovation to happen;
• Establish proactive processes to identify and deploy knowledge to solve specific problems, and improve development outcomes in client countries;
• Facilitate and join global platforms to share knowledge and practices across the world.
The Africa East and Southern Region (AFE) of the Solutions and Innovations in Procurement (SIP) Department of GGP seeks to recruit a Senior Procurement Specialist and Procurement Hub Coordinator to be based in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. The Procurement Hub Coordinator (Hub Leader) function is to Lead, Supervise and provide Support to procurement teams in the delivery of procurement fiduciary and service functions to the Bank’s portfolio with prompt, consistent, sound advices in the review and clearances of procurement documents and decisions under Bank-financed projects, in Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Angola and Sao Tome and Principe.
An important part of the Hub Leader responsibility is to lead Bank’s dialogue with the Government authorities on the development of the national public procurement systems and the procurement capacity development initiatives.
The Hub Leader frequently interacts with Procurement Manager’s office (APM) and CMU management; government officials; international organizations, partner entities and coordinates across the practices; sector networks; INT; and regional Public Sector Management and Financial Management specialists.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Plays a leadership and advisory role to clients and colleagues in handling complex procurement tasks and issues, which frequently cut across sectors, countries and/or work units;
• Employs appropriate methodologies for handling simple and complex procurement tasks and/or issues;
• Supports clients in achieving value for money in public procurement in order to enhance service delivery and development outcomes with integrity;
• Supports clients in developing the project procurement strategy, including market analysis;
• Makes significant contributions in evaluating and developing improvements to borrower’s procurement regulations/practices, including influencing the design, reform and establishment of national and subnational public procurement systems and strengthening of institutional capacity within borrower entities;
• Plays a substantive role in improving Bank procurement practices and approaches; generates « concept notes » and best practices papers and develops innovative solutions to particularly difficult procurement and related issues;
• Supports the strengthening of borrower procurement institutions and systems;
• Plays a key role in the design and implementation of e-Government Procurement system;
• Leads missions and supervises major projects as a technical expert; interacts with clients at the policy level;
• Prepares and/or comments on draft operational directives and policy papers; produces major/complex reports;
• Develops and executes training modules on complex procurement topics;
• Works closely with the other Hub leaders in the AFE Region under general direction of APM and guides and mentors more junior staff.
• MA/MS (an advanced degree with a major relevant discipline, e.g. Engineering, Law, Procurement, Finance, Business and Commerce) and minimum of 8 years relevant experience in carrying out technical duties in procurement and contract management;
• State-of-the-art knowledge of public procurement principles, systems, process and planning, and approaches to international procurement with proven ability to independently provide well researched analyses of complex procurement issues and problems;
• Seasoned knowledge and specialized command of all major facets of Bank procurement policies and practices as applied across a wide range of Bank lending operations at all phases of the project cycle, and ability to address broader issues at sector/country level;
• Understanding of Bank operational policies and practices related to project/sector work;
• Seasoned knowledge of public procurement systems including legal framework and institutions;
• Good understanding of critical linkages and relationships among clients’ business drivers, business operations and objectives and Procurement processes;
• Proven ability to conceptualize, design and implement major project procurements;
• Ability to promote client commitment to ensuring implementation and longer-term sustainability of projects/programs;
• Demonstrable experience in leading discussions with top government functionaries on public procurement reforms;
• Strong communication skills and persuasiveness in presenting, negotiating and resolving highly complex issues, both orally and in writing;
• Ability to identify complex issues and to respond and handle accordingly; does not add unnecessary complexity to tasks or projects;
• Ability to operate effectively in a matrix management environment, both as a team leader and team member;
• Ability to lead a team of professionals in the execution of major projects;
• Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues;
• Language Requirement: French and English (Essential)
• Knowledge and working experience with design and implementation of e-Government Procurement Systems and Knowledge and working experience with fragile states will be an added advantage.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES :
(i) Delivers Results for Clients :
• Develops and implements solutions that show understanding of how clients and/or own work achieves results that are financially, environmentally and socially sustainable;
• Shares new insights based on in-depth understanding of the client and recommends solutions for current and future needs of clients.
• Holds self and team accountable for risk management and outcomes;
(ii) Collaborates within Teams and Across Boundaries:
• Collaborates across organizational boundaries, internally and externally with a sense of mutuality and respect;
• Consistently engages others in open dialogue, brings out any conflicting viewpoints and incorporates viewpoints into solutions, giving credit where credit is due. Leverages expertise of all team members to ensure successful outcomes;
• Makes choices and sets priorities with a WBG corporate perspective in mind.
(iii) Lead and Innovate:
• Encourages and works with others to identify, incubate and implement relevant solutions;
• Identifies opportunities in changing circumstances and energizes others to continuously improve, using intentional strategies to boost morale, team spirit, and productivity in context of WBG’s values and mission;
• Helps others to understand problems, client needs and the underlying context;
(iv) Create, Apply and Share Knowledge:
• Ensures systematic sharing of good practice and learning from lessons from across WBG, clients, and partners;
• Is known across WBG in their subject area and is sought out by WBG colleagues to advise, peer review, or contribute to knowledge products of others;
• Seeks mentoring opportunities with more experienced staff to deepen or strengthen their professional knowledge and mentors junior staff;
• Builds networks across the WBG and as part of external professional groups/networks.
Additional information to Applicants:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified male and female candidates of diverse background (gender, religious, education, ethnic etc.) are encouraged to apply.Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.POSTULER