Kubota Fund offering Grant for Developing Countries
Deadline: 15 January 2019
The Kubota Fund is accepting applications to provide a grant for research analysts, trainees and students from developing countries who join in academic or training program(s) provided by research/educational institutes or private enterprises located in Japan.
The Kubota Fund is based upon Mr. Kubota’s conviction that (1) economic development and social stability of developing countries are ultimately produced by engineers’ self-esteem and self-reliance, and (2) well-organized training programs are crucial to foster good engineers.
Purpose of the Fund
- To Provide Financial Aid To Those Who Come From Developing Countries For Receiving Training Or Doing Research (Particularly In Such Fields As Civil, Electrical, Agricultural Engineering, Environment, Energy Or Development Economics) At Business Firms Or Other Organizations In Japan.
- Other activities necessary to attain the objective of the Fund.
- From Yen 80,000.- to Yen 100,000.- per month.
- The period of each grant is one year.
- Applicant must be a national of developing country, or born & raised in a developing region, whose annual GDP per capita is less than US$7,000.-1.
- Applicant should be officially registered to a research/educational institute or business enterprise located in Japan.
- Applicant must be (or will have to be) pursuing academic degree(s)/conducting research project(s) on a specific engineering development theme (preferably civil, electrical, agricultural engineering, environment, energy or development economics).
- Applicant should be recommended by a permanent/professional staff, who holds capability/position to evaluate ability, achievements and potentiality of the applicant adequately, of the organization to which the applicant belong, such as his/her academic or managerial supervisor(s).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.kubota-fund.org/