Krousar Thmey recruits 01 Project and Donor Relations Officer – Krousar Thmey Cambodia
Krousar Thmey is the first Cambodian organization helping disadvantaged children, founded in 1991 in the Site II refugee camp in Thailand.
Krousar Thmey offers a portfolio of cross-cutting programs and projects supporting over 2,500 children in their development: child welfare, special and inclusive education for deaf or blind children, cultural and artistic development, academic and career counseling, as well as health and hygiene.
In the spirit of sustainable action, Krousar Thmey ensures that its support does not lead to any privilege, dependence or disparity in the community.
Apolitical and secular, the action of Krousar Thmey has been acknowledged internationally for its impact, capacity for innovation and sustainability.
Krousar Thmey’s main principle is the development of projects led by Cambodians for Cambodians. Only four European volunteers provide the organization with support in communication, donor relations, project coordination and internal control.
The mission of the Project and Donor Relations Officer will be to support the implementation of Krousar Thmey’s programs and projects funded by institutional donors, international organizations, foundations, or individual donors, thus allowing the organization to create sustainable change. They will contribute to the timely, efficient and quality management and implementation of projects, while ensuring that all activities comply with donor regulations.
The Project and Donor Relations Officer will also participate in the development of new projects and the coordination of activities with non-governmental organizations working in the fields of education and child protection in Cambodia, other stakeholders and service providers.
In addition, the Project and Donor Relations Officer acts as liaison between Krousar Thmey and its donors. In this capacity, they are responsible for writing proposals and reports.
They will work in close collaboration with the Program Managers, as well as the Finance, Monitoring & Evaluation and Communication departments. They will be under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Key roles and responsibilities
Project design and management
- Support the design, planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of project activities, working closely with the local team, while ensuring the respect of donors’
- Ensure that project activities operate in line with Krousar Thmey’s values, mission and strategic objectives, are implemented as planned, and adapted as needed following lessons learned or changes in context.
- Contribute to the regular follow-up of project activities expenses, and ensure cost-effective budget management.
- Assist the Communication Officer for external communication and development of communication material related to projects and program, including annual report, family letters or website.
- Contribute to the management of partnerships with other NGOs and relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct field visits to monitor activities and collect the information needed for proposals and reports.
Fundraising, reporting and donor relations
- Develop funding proposals and grant applications, in collaboration with Krousar Thmey’s international entities.
- Ensuring quality and timely submission of narrative and financial reports to donors.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing donors, and building new partnerships with local and international donors, in collaboration with Krousar Thmey’s international entities.
- Liaise with Program Managers as well as with M&E and Finance departments to ensure that proposals and reports are coherent and relevant.
- Identify funding opportunities and potential relevant donors and/or partners in Cambodia and abroad (foundations, private sector partners, NGOs, government agencies, etc.).
- Ensure external accountability to donors through the implementation of timely and high quality activities, leading to accurate reporting.
- Coordinate visits from partners and donors, in collaboration with the Communication Officer.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to relevant team members.
- Perform other related tasks, as assigned by the Executive Director.
Experience / Training
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a relevant position, in the development or NGO sectors, including some experience abroad
- A Master’s degree in International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant field
- Significant experience managing projects, cultivating relationships with donors, writing proposals and reports, and managing budgets
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English
- Experience in the fields of child protection and/or education
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work well in a multicultural team, with people from diverse backgrounds
- Autonomous and proactive, with a sense of initiative, adaptability and flexibility
- A previous experience in South-East Asia would be an asset
- The volunteer must adhere to Krousar Thmey’s values and mission
- Status: Volontariat de solidarité international (VSI)
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with occasional field visits to other provinces
- Starting date: January 2021, with a mandatory training in Paris from 18th to 21st January (or 14th to 15th December if significant experience). Subject to change, depending on the evolution of the ongoing pandemic.
- Duration of mission: 1 year, with a possibility of extension
- Allowance: USD 600 per month (USD 700 after 12 months)
- Other conditions and advantages: health insurance, repatriation and assistance; one return flight per year of mission; 24 days annual leave, Cambodian public holidays; accommodation on site with the other volunteers; provision of vehicles; allowance for Khmer language courses
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their application in English, including a CV and a cover letter, by email to Darong CHOUR at firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Krousar Thmey’s Child Protection Policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Closing date for application: 9th November 2020
Krousar Thmey is an equal opportunity employer and the candidate will be selected based on merit.
Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.