Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize 2021 (1 Million Swiss Francs)
Deadline: March 14, 2021
Nominations are open for the Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize 2021. The Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize awards outstanding scientific contributions of individuals from all scholarly disciplines aiming at improving learning, development, and living conditions of children and youth.
This includes, but is not limited to, educational sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, family studies, media studies, political sciences, linguistics, neurosciences, computer sciences, and medical sciences.
The Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize is awarded every other year in odd-numbered years. In even years, the Jacobs Foundation bestows a Best Practice Prize rewarding exceptional commitment of institutions or individuals who put into practice innovative solutions in the fields of learning and of child and youth development.
- The prize is endowed with 1 Million Swiss Francs, of which 900’000 Swiss Francs are for use in a research project and 100’000 Swiss Francs are for related costs, such as travel, networking, and dissemination.
- https://concoursn.com/wp-admin/Klaus%20J.%20Jacobs%20Research%20Prize%202021%20_%20Opportunity%20Desk_files/ads(3).html Experts in research on learning, children, and youth worldwide are welcome to nominate candidates.
- The prize will be awarded to a well-respected, outstanding researcher conducting groundbreaking research on learning and development of children and youth.
- The prize addresses scholars from all countries who have achieved major breakthroughs in understanding, learning, learning variability, and/or child and youth development, and at the same time have the potential to advance the field by actively conducting research.
- Self-nominations cannot be accepted.
All documents pertaining to the nomination should be submitted online by March 14, 2021. Incomplete nominations or documents received after this date cannot be considered.
A complete nomination is composed of:
- Completed nomination form.
- 2 page nomination letter including an appraisal of the academic accomplishments of the nominee, making clear what the nominee’s scientific breakthroughs have been and how the nominee would bring distinction to the Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize.
- Nominee’s CV including the full list of publications as well as evide nce of his or her scientific leadership.
- Information regarding possible future academic plans, fields of interest, and aspirations of the nominee.
For more information, visit Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize