Deadline: 28 March 2020
The Karibu Foundation supports alternative voices from the Global South that provide alternatives to the dominant paradigms of power, distribution, and development.
(Ad) Are You Searching for Latest Grants, New Donors, Sample Proposals, Jobs and How to Apply Resources? fundsforNGOs Premium has all these and more at one place! Learn more.
Karibu therefore seeks to partner with organizations, networks and movements that are anchored in the Global South that are making strong and critical contributions to the development of societies and local communities that:
- are genuinely inclusive and participatory (political, social and cultural justice)
- are focused on correcting uneven balances of power, and are filling the gap between rich and poor – within nations and between nations (economic justice)
- acknowledge humanity’s dependence on nature and encourage ecologically sustainable development models.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The Foundation grants are aimed at:
- providing human, professional and economic resources to enable movements to continue their struggle for justice
- providing support to networks and initiatives that work for deeper analysis, stronger representation and improved capacity for advocacy
- establishing meeting points and joint approaches between groups in the South (South-South), as well as with groups in the North (South-North), to form global alliances in the struggle for justice.
- The projects that Karibu supports are generally related to the areas of mobilizing efforts, information, legislative and research efforts, bridge-building, dialogue, and capacity building.
- They support projects that are strategically aimed at long-term social outcomes.
The encounter with human suffering and injustice in the world challenges to act. This is especially the case in a world where profit-orientated economic globalization is embedded in complex structures of political, economic and military power.
There is a need to support grassroots processes that can resist dominance and oppression (stop the bad), and that can develop alternative societies that improve life (build the new) on a systemic level. There are movements all around the world that are doing this on a daily basis.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Karibu does not provide a standard (fixed) amount for grants. Each application is processed on a case-by-case basis, and a grant from Karibu will be determined based on various factors and in communication with the applicant organization.
- For first time grantees, Karibu rarely provides grants for more than USD 15.000,- to a project spanning over the course of one year. The final amount might be less than this amount.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called « Deadline Calendar. » This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The Karibu Foundation supports activities and movements that are anchored in the Global South, which are providing alternatives to the dominant paradigms of power, distribution, and development.
- Projects that Karibu supports are primarily related to the areas of information exchanges, mobilizing efforts, legislative and research efforts, bridge-building, dialogue, and capacity building.
- Karibu provides grants to organizations, networks and movements in the Global South that embody the following qualities in their struggle to create this new world:
- Strategic clarity
- Analytic insight
- Moral courage
- Systemic focus
- Grassroots anchoring
- Karibu does not give support to the regular operation of development projects, such as health, education, infrastructure and/or agriculture. They also do not support projects connected to an individual, such as scholarships for education. In addition, they rarely provide support to organizations or networks that are based in the Global North.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.karibu.no/news/karibu-foundation-news/2020/01/application-deadlines-for-2020/