Kader Asmal Fellowship for Postgraduate Study in Ireland 2019/2020 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Applications are open for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Program 2019/2020. The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in partnership with Canon Collins is offering scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland commencing in September 2019.
The fellowship program has two strands:
- Annual awards for postgraduate study in:
- Business Management; Economics and Finance
- Agriculture, Food Science; Environment and Rural development
- Gender and Human Rights
- Engineering; Sustainable Technology and Resource Management
- Information system and Communications Technology
- Please see this document for a full list of courses you can study under this strand.
- One annual award will be made for a fellowship in: LLM in International and Comparative Law at Trinity College Dublin. This will be selected by the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC). Please see this document for a description of the course you can study on this fellowship.
The Fellowship will cover:
- University application fees
- Tuition fees
- Examination and other fees
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- Settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- The costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
- Applicants must be a South African citizen holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit;
- Have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland;
- Be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas;
- Be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2019/2020;
- Not have already applied for a course at an institution in Ireland – if you have already been admitted to a university you are not eligible.