Japan Foundation: 2nd Round of Grant Program for Dispatching Artists and Cultural Specialists
Deadline: 3 June 2019
The Japan Foundation is inviting applications for its “Grant Program for Dispatching Artists and Cultural Specialists”.
This program is designed to provide financial assistance to artists and Japanese cultural specialists who participate in cultural events (e.g., performances, demonstrations, lectures, and workshops) overseas with the aim of introducing Japanese arts and culture or of contributing to international society through arts and cultural projects.
Partial support of the following expenditures:
- International travel expense;
- Carriage (baggage/freight)
Applicants must be either:
- Groups or individuals in the arts and cultural fields who are based in Japan and have received invitations to participate in cultural events overseas;
- Organizations and agencies that arrange and produce the projects described above.
Projects must be either:
- Performing arts (e.g., drama, music, dance, folk arts, etc.);
- Lectures, workshops, and demonstrations related to Japanese culture, including sports.
- Projects that are supported by grants from Japanese governmental organizations, government-affiliated agencies, independent administrative institutions of Japan or The Japan-Korea Cultural Foundation cannot receive grants under this program.
- 2nd Round: for projects which take place between October 1, 2019, and March 31, 2020
- Project participants must depart Japan on or after October 1, 2019 and must be back in Japan by March 31, 2020.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Japan
For more information, please visit https://www.jpf.go.jp/e/program/culture.html