IWPR Call for Proposals: Remote Trainings for Syrian Journalists
Deadline: 17 July 2018
IWPR is seeking proposals to conduct a series of remote trainings for participants inside Syria. The training will be given to at least 200 participants in total, at an average rate of 10 trainees per training (total of at least 20 trainings).
The partner organization is expected to provide all necessary equipment for the training. The trainings should all be in Arabic and include: monitoring and evaluation, general trainings of trainers, conflict journalism, social media, advocacy and campaigning, digital security, communication skills, basic accounting, photography and project management.
The organization will be selected based on the demonstrated competence, compliance, cost and experience.
Scope of Work
- Prepare a schedule of work;
- Provide equipment, a platform and space for conducting remote trainings for participants inside Syria;
- Prepare a table of the content and trainings dates to be delivered;
- Share content of trainings with IWPR;
- Once approved, share content of trainings with all participants;
- Conduct trainings including pre and post-tests (to be done remotely in coordination with centre managers) and evaluations;
- Develop and share training reports with IWPR;
- Provide records for each training;
- Share final report with pictures (if possible), statistics and feedback with IWPR.
- At least five years of progressively advanced professional remote training experience in the topics listed above;
- Strong internet connection;
- Support for the centres using the remote equipment while conducting the training;
- Proven familiarity with the Syrian context and an excellent understanding of conflict issues and community security;
- Provision of female and Arabic speaking trainers is mandatory;
- Fluency in Arabic and excellent standard Arabic writing skills;
- Good communication skills including report writing in English.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.