Ireland: Regular Grant Funding Scheme
Culture Ireland offers support to Irish professional artists, arts organisations and international presenters to present work by Irish artists at significant international venues and festivals. Applications are accepted from the artist/arts organisation or international presenting partner if, you are interested then apply now.
Culture Ireland considers applications involving contemporary Irish artists for all forms of the arts as defined in the Arts Act 2003: “arts means any creative or interpretative expression (whether traditional or contemporary) in whatever form, and includes, in particular, visual arts, theatre, literature, music, dance, opera, film, circus and architecture, and includes any medium when used for those purposes”.
In supporting an event, Culture Ireland offers grant funding towards travel and travel related costs which relate directly to the international presentation of the event, i.e. travel/transport, freight, accommodation and subsistence.
Examples of eligible applications include:
- Theatre, circus and dance performances by professional companies
- Film-makers presenting films at key international film festivals
- Performances by professional or professionally-led musicians and ensembles
- Visual artists/galleries exhibiting at internationally recognised art fairs/galleries
- Readings by writers/poets in English or Irish or otherwise at international literary festivals.
- Application must be in respect of an Irish professional artist/s or arts organisation
- Application must be in respect of an art form defined under the Arts Act 2003
- Only international events are supported (i.e. outside the island of Ireland)
- The event must be accessible to an open public audience, promoted widely and fees must be payable to the artist/s or arts organisation.
- Culture Ireland has a strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity. All applicants should be familiar with these values.
- Consideration should be given to sustainability in all stages in the life-cycle of the project.
Please note That because of the competitive nature and context of each grant round, limited funding and a large number of applicants, eligibility and compliance with criteria for assessment alone do not guarantee that you will receive grant funding.
What does Culture Ireland mean by artistic quality?
- Artistic quality can be defined as work that is ambitious, excellent and original, connects to audiences and has been presented nationally to critical acclaim. It should be noted that the artistic quality of the proposed work is assessed using knowledge, experience and specialist advice.
- Examples of ineligible applications include:
- Events which have already taken place
- Research, opportunities, study or professional training
- Production Costs
- Amateur events
- Work by non-professional artists
- Events of a competitive nature.
For more information, visit Regular Grant Funding Scheme.