IRC recrute 01 Human Resources Partner
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading nonprofit humanitarian relief and development organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to assist those whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control over their lives. The organization has been at the forefront of virtually every major humanitarian initiative for the last 85 years. At work today in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Human Resources Partner (HR Director (Partner) for Program Delivery will support country program’s leadership and Regional HR Directors through leading the HR department of the assigned country program and ensuring HR priorities and results are achieved. When on assignment, they serve as a thought partner for the Country Director on all people matters and be in charge for the overall management and implementation of IRC’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures as well as global, regional and country specific priorities. They will coordinate closely with the Regional HR Director to ensure that organizational HR policies, processes and priorities are adapted to the specific context of each location, adequate and known to staff. The HR Director (Partner) will devise a training and skill building plan for the HR team and ensure transfer of knowledge. When not deployed, they will provide technical support and lead on special projects as designated. This role will serve in a roving capacity which might evolve and change over time to support IRC and CRRD’ Country Programs continued growth, and innovation.
This position is open for candidates national of their own countries in globally approved locations where IRC is present and registered.
- HR Management and Leadership Support (Minimum 50% of the Job, In person or remote)
- Devise and deliver a planned HR approach to attracting, developing, inspiring and retaining the right people with the right skills to achieve strategic, high-quality programmatic outcomes.
- Identify workforce needs, identify human resource and competency gaps, and devise a development and workforce plan to facilitate staff development and retention.
- Actively participate in proposal design and grants opening and review meetings (GRMs, GOMs) specifically guiding on organizational structure, position scoping, demographic/staffing analysis and other inputs critical to ensure strong HR foundation to support program quality and timely implementation.
- Assess the critical metrics for the operational scorecard and lead on inputs to both, country and regional ones.
- Observe and analyze monthly HR data such as turnover rates, time to fill, workforce composition, etc., to diagnose and identify priorities and evaluate effectiveness of relevant HR programs.
- Set strategy for recruitment. Develop candidate rosters, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to attract and hire the best talent.
- Review and approve country job positions, review job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Lead on the selection and recruitment of all senior-level (band level 5 and above) positions and ensure their proper onboarding.
- Deliver international HR management, including policy, process and employee relations management.
- Lead the performance management process with guidance from Regional and HQ HR. Create a plan to implement the annual and mid-year reviews, conduct training on goal setting, use budgets to organize development activities and work one-on-one with managers and employees to create country wide development plans. Through various initiatives and actions, embed a culture of regular feedback.
- In coordination with Global Comp. and Benefits team, define and review salary structure; coordinate annual compensation review process and compensation adjustments.
- Devise staff care action plans that elevate morale and support the social, physical, and psychological well-being of staff; create emergency staff care interventions.
- Be responsible for HR-related administrative duties and support compliance with existing legal and governmental reporting requirements. Ensure all legal obligations are fulfilled in compliance with local jurisdictions.
- Lead all employee relations with professional grit with the aim of empowering employees and supervisors to have the tools and resources vital to resolve disagreements with mutual respect.
- Call out behavioral issues, lead or co-lead investigations and ensure issues are resolved and appropriate follow-up is carried out.
- Coach supervisors in resolving appropriate disciplinary plans of action in a judicious manner. Follow-up disciplinary measures and related employment law matters.
- Act as impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in a fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements.
- Handle any lay-offs or reductions in workforce in partnership with senior and regional management and to maintain compliance, due diligence, communications and staff well-being.
- Develop HR policies as per the need of the country program.
- Play a critical role in any change initiative, either by initiating and driving the change or by serving as a facilitator for changes that other leaders and departments initiated.
- Contribute to the development of the in-country Gender Action Plans. Support the work of Gender Champion team and Women@Work resource groups.
HR Operational Support
- Provide HR technical support and carry out any special projects.
- Undertake technical assessments or evaluations of HR structures, policies and/or activities in line with global CRRD HR priorities.
- Assist in the creation and launch of new CRRD HR policies, procedures, tools, training materials, data analysis, etc.
- Analyze data, note trends and flags, and provide recommendations to drive data-driven decision making in talent-related management processes.
- Participate in global and regional conferences and meetings, leading sessions as required.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports directly to: Director of HR Planning and Operational Excellence.
- On assignment, the position holder will report to the assigned Country Director and Regional HR Director – management in Partnership.
Other Internal and/or external contacts
- Country: Country SMT and Extended Management Team
- Regional: Regional HR Director and other Regional HR Team.
- HQ Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Duty of Care and HR Ops Directors.
- General Counsel Office. Ethics & Compliance Unit (ECU.
- Key External Stakeholders: The INGO HR forums and working groups; INGO and UN HR staff; Legal counsel; Social Security, Ministry of Interior; Ministry of Labor, etc.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience as thoughtful HR Business Partner preferably in the non-for-profit sector, with experience in humanitarian organizations a distinct advantage.
- Successful implementation of HR activities at a country or regional level working with multiple collaborators and partners, across different regions and at a range of organizational level
- Strategic experience leading an HR function for large budget programs in the INGO sector is strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- A commitment to IRC’s mission, vision, values and IRC Way – Professional Code of Conduct
- Excellent project management and organizational skills including creation of detailed work plans and superior time management
- Ability to deliver high quality work on schedule
- Solid written and verbal communication
- Ability to anticipate and assess situations accurately and recommend/implement effective courses of action required.
- Strong facility with analysis and practical use of HR data
- Highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative, and resourceful work style
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed and sophisticated agency organizational structure and to adapt to shifting priorities
- Exceptional discretion and confidentiality in dealing with critical material
- Ability to handle stress and function effectively under challenges
- Excellent judgment, tact, initiative, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, organizational skills, and self-motivation.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful; ability to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other partners to improve cooperation and productivity.
- Analytical ability in creating effective HR solutions while adhering to labor laws.
- English and French are required, while Arabic or Spanish is desired.
- Travel: minimum 50% across all IRC country programs and global regions.
Diversity, Inclusion and Gender Equality: IRC acknowledges and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other protected characteristics. IRC is also committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to be part of our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : rescue.csod.com.