|IRC recruits 01 Senior Regional Program Advisor|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||30 Janvier 2021|
Description de l’offre
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities.
The IRC has country programs in eight West Africa countries—Sierra Leone, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Cameroon, Nigeria, and Chad—and implements programs through the arc of crisis, emergency, humanitarian and development contexts. There are a few organization-wide initiatives that are relevant to the crises in West Africa, including humanitarian access, the ECHO programmatic partnership approach, donor development, especially German humanitarian and development donors, SIDA’s program-based approach, etc.
The SPC will oversee these initiatives in coordination with the RVP and the DRD and will engage with other key regional stakeholders.
The Senior Regional Program Advisor will be a key member of the West Africa regional team responsible for promoting effective and efficient programming in the region’s eight country programs.
S/he will work closely with the Regional Vice President, the Deputy Regional Director, the regional team, and country programs (primarily with the deputy directors and program team members) to ensure that country programs are able to scope priorities and deliver on the new Strategy100 commitments, as well as continue to position IRC in the region as a partner of choice.
Program Management/Backstopping and Oversight: (50%)
• Provide regional management oversight of existing initiatives and awards within the West Africa Region, including a number of multi-country programs and sub-regional initiatives. .
Act as regional interlocutor with country programs implementing regional awards.
Review monthly progress reports and monitoring data, and lead Project Cycle Meetings for those regional initiatives under direct management
• Actively engage in the development of regional analyses and new partnerships, given the cross-border dynamics of many of the issues and conflicts with in the region and IRC’s plan to increase our partnerships in general throughout the region.
• Provide support and guidance to business development efforts for multi-country/sub regional opportunities, working closely with the Senior Program Development Advisor.
• Monitor overall grant performance including review of BvA reports and spending plans. Act as a sounding board for ideas and solutions to challenges that arise during program implementation, suggest useful linkages or approaches to address issues as they arise.
• Review grant reports in coordination with the Regional Program Support Team.
• Provide management support and mentorship to the Project Leads.
• Provide intensive support to start -up and close-out phases.
Country Support: (30%)
• Work with country programs to adapt and engage in a number of organizational initiatives to improve program quality and achieve greater impact for our clients. These include continuing to enhance timely and efficient program delivery by improving how data is used to drive performance and optimize structures.
• Facilitate collaboration between country programs and the Research and Innovation Department to drive learning and bringing best program practices to scale.
• Work with country programs, IRC’s partnership and client responsiveness teams, and the regional business development and program support teams, to improve IRC’s clients’ and partners’ greater influence over program design and delivery.
Regional Strategy Support: (20%)
• As a key regional team member, work with DRD to organize and plan high level regional meetings as required including agenda development and ensuring effective facilitation and follow-up.
• Maintain awareness of key trends and debates in humanitarian policy and practice and support the regional leadership team to track and engage in these initiatives, as necessary.
• Manage other strategic initiatives as required, including the Strategy100 processes under the supervision of the DRD.
Key Working Relationships:
Direct Reporting: Deputy Regional Director for West Africa
Partnership and Consultation: RVP, country programs, regional team, other hq offices as needed
External Contacts: External Dakar-based and regional INGOs and NNGOs
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree is a plus; background in humanitarian and development assistance
Work Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience
Field Experience: At least 2 years of senior level field experience in relevant settings
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Experience in a range of sectors, in both humanitarian and development contexts
• Demonstrated experience of coordinating complex projects and leading changes both to working culture and business processes
• Team player, flexible and able to work within a small group of decision-makers to diagnose and provide support to country teams in a timely, efficient and effective way
• Strong acumen in programs and grant management
• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with local and remote team members at multiple levels in the organization
• Ability to work successfully independently and with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to apply analytical thinking to evidenced, justified recommendations
Language Skills: Proficiency in English and French required.
Working Environment: Estimated 30-40% travel to country programs, home-based initially in Dakar, with Dakar office to be set up by late FY21.
The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/11897?c=rescue&source=LinkedInA